Snow White's Scary Adventures Vs. Snow White's Enchanted Wish

Which is the better version of the ride?

• Total voters

The Aracuan Bird

I came for the hate and i wasn't disappointed, yeah the old ride was fun in a dark way, but this new ride is far better. I've ridden it quite a few times now and each time is better, the only gripe i really have is the mirror smashing. For anyone hoping toad or pinocchio get some love i wouldn't bank on it, especially toad.
Why not?

mrfires

My bet is Disney is slowly updating all the classic Fantasyland dark rides. They did Alice, Peter Pan, and now Snow White. To me, it only makes sense that Pinocchio and Toad would be next.

That or Disney presses the nuclear button and turns Toad into indoor queueing for Peter Pan.

DavidDL

Technically if someone decides to go to the park and part of their reason for doing so is because they want to ride Mr. Toad, then Mr. Toad helped generate +1 ticket sale.

Also, considering how small and simple the attraction is, it'd really take some unique circumstances for anything to happen to it, I think. Let me transition into a story from my days as a CM:

Often times, attractions would compete with one another to see who can get more hourly Guest counts. The battle would take place over a few weeks or so and in the end, the attraction who pushed more people through would get a reward (something as small as an Ice Cream party or as big as a walkthrough of a different attraction after closing). Attractions were paired against "fair" opponents with similar hourly capacity.

At Winnie the Pooh, our opponent was always Mr. Toad. So think about that for a moment. That means Pooh, who takes up way more real estate and has a much larger show building in back, pulls in about the same numbers as Toad.

To me, that means Disney won't touch Mr. Toad (unless to plus it) for any sort of removal or total replacement before they hit something like Pooh, which gives them much more to work with (-and a conveniently placed gift shop to exploit at the exit). Even if Toad doesn't bring in "big bucks" on merch sales, changing it to something else may be more trouble than it's worth given it's connection to rides that do (Alice) and it's overall size and placement.

Brer Panther

I still wouldn't be surprised if Disney's current management decides that Mr. Toad's finale in that dark, fiery place isn't "PC" and tears out the entire attraction over that.

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
What would they replace Hell with? There's the long straightaway/train tunnel where there's literally no space to place anything new and Hell itself would need a far more drastic change to give it a satisfying ending far more drastic than anything that they did with Snow White.

Plus all of Disney's other "PC" changes so far are related to strengthening the public image of Disney's inclusivity/diversity. Removing Hell on Toad would do neither.

Brer Panther

What would they replace Hell with? There's the long straightaway/train tunnel where there's literally no space to place anything new and Hell itself would need a far more drastic change to give it a satisfying ending far more drastic than anything that they did with Snow White.
That's another reason they might have to remove the ride altogether. They could always hide behind the "oh, nobody cares about Mr. Toad anymore, he doesn't sell enough merchandise" excuse.

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
That's another reason they might have to remove the ride altogether. They could always hide behind the "oh, nobody cares about Mr. Toad anymore, he doesn't sell enough merchandise" excuse.
What reason would Disney have for removing a ride with decent capacity? Everything so far has been related to retheming or reworking, not completely removing the ride.

BasiltheBatLord

In all seriousness, I've always had the feeling Toad's days are numbered. It's in prime real estate in the center of the park based on an old, relatively obscure Disney film that has basically zero cultural power with mainstream audiences anymore. It just wouldn't surprise me to see it gone in the near future. But what do I know.

mickEblu

In all seriousness, I've always had the feeling Toad's days are numbered. It's in prime real estate in the center of the park based on an old, relatively obscure Disney film that has basically zero cultural power with mainstream audiences anymore. It just wouldn't surprise me to see it gone in the near future. But what do I know.

And they’d replace it with an extended queue for the creaky old Pan? If this is about queue space, I think it would make much more sense to close Pan in the courtyard, leave the facade (without the marquee name of course ) and turn into some English themed eatery. Then build a new E ticket Pan (like Shanghai or better) where the FL theatre is or wherever Fantasyland gets expanded. There is just so much potential with Pan and its ride system that isn’t being met in its current location. Capacity would also go way up and the ride experience would be such an improvement from that creaky old track. As long as they bring the mural over I’m cool.

Of course Disney would pretty much have no incentive do this as the ride is already super popular and I’m sure they would rather spend that money on some new IP.

ThreadMaster5

Technically if someone decides to go to the park and part of their reason for doing so is because they want to ride Mr. Toad, then Mr. Toad helped generate +1 ticket sale.

Also, considering how small and simple the attraction is, it'd really take some unique circumstances for anything to happen to it, I think. Let me transition into a story from my days as a CM:

Often times, attractions would compete with one another to see who can get more hourly Guest counts. The battle would take place over a few weeks or so and in the end, the attraction who pushed more people through would get a reward (something as small as an Ice Cream party or as big as a walkthrough of a different attraction after closing). Attractions were paired against "fair" opponents with similar hourly capacity.

At Winnie the Pooh, our opponent was always Mr. Toad. So think about that for a moment. That means Pooh, who takes up way more real estate and has a much larger show building in back, pulls in about the same numbers as Toad.

To me, that means Disney won't touch Mr. Toad (unless to plus it) for any sort of removal or total replacement before they hit something like Pooh, which gives them much more to work with (-and a conveniently placed gift shop to exploit at the exit). Even if Toad doesn't bring in "big bucks" on merch sales, changing it to something else may be more trouble than it's worth given it's connection to rides that do (Alice) and it's overall size and placement.
you are right and wrong, yes if someone does then that makes money in the form of a ticket. Fantasyland by nature is intended for kids, and when the ride itself has more adults riding it then children because only the adults know who mr toad is then id imagine its something that they are gonna look at replacing at some point, also the hell scene as some have mentioned dont really fit the overall company brand these days. It was nice to walk on it for my cast preview though

DavidDL

you are right and wrong, yes if someone does then that makes money in the form of a ticket. Fantasyland by nature is intended for kids, and when the ride itself has more adults riding it then children because only the adults know who mr toad is then id imagine its something that they are gonna look at replacing at some point, also the hell scene as some have mentioned dont really fit the overall company brand these days. It was nice to walk on it for my cast preview though

I agree that the broad brush strokes of Fantasyland are aimed at the little ones. But remember, the park is also a place for all ages to enjoy. There's plenty for kids to enjoy in Fantasyland without something like Mr. Toad but Fantasyland doesn't hurt to have some stuff geared towards the older folks, too (Matterhorn, for example). Pretty much everything there can be enjoyed by all ages. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume Toad could leave at some point but I just don't feel like it's going to happen any time soon. The Hell scene probably isn't at the same level of childhood trauma induction as Scary Adventure's might have been.

Which ties things back to Snow White. The situation's a little different between the two. Snow White's branding as a character is different than Toad's. Small children probably have an idea of what they expect from "the Snow White ride" because they're familiar with the tone of the character. Toad, they'll likely just ride it and assume, well, that's Mr. Toad! A Snow White ride being overly scary for children has a few holes to be punched in it because if the child starts to freak out then two things have just failed: Fantasyland's "your young kids will really enjoy this" sort of vibe and the parents and children's ability to have fun, together.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom