Snow White Rehab

Disney2002

Originally posted by tink2
I, personally, would love to see the Snow WHite ride go. My DD4 cried so hard during that ride we had to ride small world 5 times before she would go on anything else! She still says, "When we go back to Disney World, I don't want to ride Snow WHite." The thing petrified her! DS2 1/2 also didn't like it. I have several friends that have been to WDW with their young children, and each one said it scared their little one. I know they made it less scary a while back, but it still scares a lot of small children. My niece is 7 and she hid her face during parts of the ride- and she has ridden it several times before! Many may not agree, but for our family, we would prefer it gone! We couldn't even walk past it without DD beggin us not to make her go! (which we had already determined never to ride it again anyway!)

Was it toned down? How? I don't remember this.

Bimmy56

:) Personally, I think Snow White should stay, it is THE Disney classic movie since it was his first full length animated movie. It probably also had more input from Walt than any other of the movies. I know that it's badly outdated but we still need those personal touches of Walt's left in the park. How do you feel about that?

Lokheed

I have several friends that have been to WDW with their young children, and each one said it scared their little one.

It's odd, I have seen people make this complaint on message boards and in a few guide books, but as much time as I have spent at Snow White in the past six months I have never, not once, seen a child come off the ride crying from terror. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it surely doesn't happen very often. Snow White is probably the scariest ride in Fantasyland, but honestly that's not saying much. In any case there are big signs at the ride entrance that clearly say it may be too frightening for younger guests. For all its worth, the teacup ride scares the living daylights out of my son. Kids are just funny that way about what scares them and what doesn't.

Originally posted by Disney2002
Was it toned down? How? I don't remember this.

It was toned down significantly in the big rehab back in the mid-90's. In the original version of the ride the Witch was constantly jumping out at you, and it was much more claustrophobic. It really *was* a ride that terrified lots of small children.

tink2

Lokheed- I agree, you never know what will scare a child and what won't! We had ridden the ride before and knew the sign was there, and still put her on the ride. We just didn't think it would scare her that bad! :hammer: We felt like terrible parents, but then again, DD4 also hid every time the 'mean guys' would walk by in a parade or in the park. She really believed every single part of WDW- which was truly magical! Anyway, I'm glad the sign is there for people who might walk onto the ride blindly. DS was a little afraid of the elevator at AKL- who knew? lol

Woody13

She really believed every single part of WDW- which was truly magical!

In years past, I have seen small children hit, kick and pull the whiskers of the Big Bad Wolf. The "evil" characters need good body guards!:lol:

SixBits_Slocum

OK if this ride is taken away I will die 2089408 times and then some more. Any homage to SW is needed to stay! It's not a *thrill* ride but its the first Disney movie EVER so they should just leave it but update it.

SirGoofy

Originally posted by SixBits_Slocum
OK if this ride is taken away I will die 2089408 times and then some more. Any homage to SW is needed to stay! It's not a *thrill* ride but its the first Disney movie EVER so they should just leave it but update it.

No one ever said they should turn it into a thrill ride. We were just saying something needs to be done, wether it be adding real scenery and AAs, or replacing it with a new dark ride.

BeachClubVillas

Here's an idea...why don't we just tear down any ride that is more than fifteen years old and put in a another ride that is cheaply-designed and has no storyline and/or a thrill ride. :brick: I'm not talking specifically about this ride, but about what the trend seems to be becoming now. I don't like it one bit. Keep the classics!!!!! Bring back the Disney magic!!!! :cool:

SirGoofy

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
Keep the classics!!!!! Bring back the Disney magic!!!! :cool:

I know how you feel, but that'll happen the day it starts to rain donuts. I would give my big toe to see JII V.1, Horizons(but then again I've never seen MS), and AE(yes, AE is a classic). Although, I'm still optemistic about SGE.

KevinPage

According to my "spies" they are preparing this ride to coincide with Uncle Mike's removal fro the company.

So they are finally able to go ahead with their plans of removing GRUMPY from the cab and replace it with EISNER

:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom