Snow White Rehab

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by All4Gemini
It is the oldest attraction (as far as quality goes) in Fantasyland, so I would think that if they were going to replace any of them it would be that one. What do you think they would replace it with? Something based off of one of the Pixar movies perhaps?
Actually some of the other attractions in Fland need more rehabs than SW......Expect Pan and Small World to be getting one soon.

Disney2002

It is the oldest attraction (as far as quality goes) in Fantasyland, so I would think that if they were going to replace any of them it would be that one. What do you think they would replace it with? Something based off of one of the Pixar movies perhaps?

Unlikely it will be Pixar. With the Disney partnership over, that would cost a lot in licensing. Personally, I say Snow White stays. If it were replaced, I know that the little girl crowd, for whom there are really no target rides, would love a Disney Princess ride. God, I can just see the gnashing mass of 4 year olds with Princess hats clamoring to get on that one!

TURKEY

Originally posted by Disney2002
Unlikely it will be Pixar. With the Disney partnership over, that would cost a lot in licensing. Personally, I say Snow White stays. If it were replaced, I know that the little girl crowd, for whom there are really no target rides, would love a Disney Princess ride. God, I can just see the gnashing mass of 4 year olds with Princess hats clamoring to get on that one!

Actually, it wouldn't cost a thing. Disney will retain rights to all Pixar characters made through Nemo. I'm not sure about The Incredibles and Cars.

Woody13

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Actually, it wouldn't cost a thing. Disney will retain rights to all Pixar characters made through Nemo. I'm not sure about The Incredibles and Cars.

Disney owns the Pixar characters in Incredibles and Cars too. Jobs was not able to "Indian Give" his way out of that deal.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Disney2002
Anyone ever remember Snow White going down for a rehab before? Since it could have been years (decade?) since it last did, the replacements that could be necessary might be extensive. Think of the wear and tear on those carts running 365 days a year.

I remember it going down several years ago (80s or 90s). i was told they were actually putting Snow WHite in the ride more often - but could have beena rumor.

If they were to replace rides like Snow White or Peter Pan, they'd definately need to retain some of the classics - the newer movies are good, but still don't hold a candle to the original feature animations (Snow White, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc). Heck, I'd say it would be a waste to invest in any attraction based on any movie after the Lion King. Those four (Aladdin, Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Lion King) are just as much classics now as the originals, in my opinion, and were my 4 favorites that they ever produced. After that I think they started drifting off.

Anyway, hopefully if they do refurbish or replace, they do it smartly and not just with the "fad" of the week.

Lokheed

I remember it going down several years ago (80s or 90s). i was told they were actually putting Snow WHite in the ride more often - but could have beena rumor.

The ride was completely re-worked several years ago (I am thinking it was 1995, but don't quote me on that) to be made much less scary and to add Snow White to the ride. In the original version the premise was that you *were* Snow White, seeing everything through her eyes, so you never actually *saw* her.

Regarding my son, after having a night to sleep on it I think this rehab may turn out to be a good thing. Six months ago it was not uncommon for Ben to go on Snow White twenty times in a single day, but more recently he is often willing to only go on it three or four times in a single visit. It is always his first stop, but he has been more willing to go on other rides. Perhaps with the big barracades up in front of the ride we may finally be able to break him away from it so he is not completely obsessed with that one ride.

I hope.

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by Lokheed
Regarding my son, after having a night to sleep on it I think this rehab may turn out to be a good thing. Six months ago it was not uncommon for Ben to go on Snow White twenty times in a single day, but more recently he is often willing to only go on it three or four times in a single visit. It is always his first stop, but he has been more willing to go on other rides. Perhaps with the big barracades up in front of the ride we may finally be able to break him away from it so he is not completely obsessed with that one ride.

I hope.

Good luck...are you gong to try to prepare him beforehand or just kinda let him understand it when he sees it?

Let us know how it works out, either way.

Lokheed

During the fall I noticed that they did a rehab on all of the dwarf animatronics in the yodeling scene over the course of a few months. The dwarfs just kinda disappeared one at a time, and then reappeared a week or two later. At one point they were actually down to four dwarfs in that scene. They also recently did a minor rehab on the Dopey animatronic at the end, fixing a crack in his ear and getting it to wiggle properly again.

I assume that this month long rehab will just be the typical cleaning and painting, and there are certainly parts that need it. At the wishing well there is one tree root that has cracked mostly away, revealing the wireframe underneath. The projector for the magic mirror has failed a few times in recent months, and the picture quality has taken on a noticeable green tint in just the past month. There are a lot of other tiny things that you probably wouldn't notice on a single ride through, but which really stand out if you happen to go on the ride several times per week. Of course, as far as I know the people in my family are the only ones that do that, because no sane person would ride that thing as often as we do without a very good reason....

Sir Hiss527

I literally hope Snow White goes soon. I'm pretty tired of the attraction, but that's just my opinion. But like someone else posted earlier expect SW, and Peter Pan's Flight to get a major rehab before Snow White. Those two really need them. I say in a couple of years, after PhilarMagic starts to die down. Change all of Fantasyland, and make it like the Fantasyland in Disneyland. With better rides, and of course Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...Just my 2 cents though.

:wave:

mikesenger

Originally posted by Brian_B
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...the ever-turning wheel of time....curse you...

isn't there some way we can blame Eisner for the wheel of time continuing to turn?

mikesenger

All4Gemini

Referring to the post about the only princess ride, maybe they could put in a ride with another princess. It would be better because of newer technology and the little girls could still have a princess. Maybe Cinderella or Aurora? A Beauty and the Beast thing would be pretty cool too.

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
Toad is dead as disco. :lookaroun

NOO!! I can dream can't I?

That would be an awesome idea though to put in a 'Beauty and the Beast' ride there. Well see i've been thinking, and i'm not quite sure if they'll get rid of Snow White, since it was Walt's first full-length animated movie.

SirGoofy

Referring to the post about the only princess ride, maybe they could put in a ride with another princess. It would be better because of newer technology and the little girls could still have a princess. Maybe Cinderella or Aurora? A Beauty and the Beast thing would be pretty cool too.

I think a Sleeping Beauty Ride would be smart. Do you know how cool a Malificent-in-dragon-form AA would be?

Irrawaddy Erik

The thing is Fantasyland would be bad off if it had another high attendance attraction (pan, pooh, philhar) Snow White is like an overflow attraction. It's line stays pretty short even on busy days. If they put in a new attraction then you would have another horrendous queue in fantasyland. Each land has their own overflow attractions and not every ride can be an E-Ticket.

netenyahoo

I think a Sleeping Beauty ride would be really cool. They could put it where the lagoon is. An AA dragon could be really cool. A Beauty and the Beast ride could be cool too or even Little Mermaid.

Lokheed

I got the straight dope on the rehab tonite from a cast member at Snow White (thanks Beth!). The purpose of the rehab is to install a second control station so that it works like Pooh with one station for loading and one for unloading. It is entirely a safety thing.

All4Gemini

Originally posted by Irrawaddy Erik
The thing is Fantasyland would be bad off if it had another high attendance attraction (pan, pooh, philhar) Snow White is like an overflow attraction. It's line stays pretty short even on busy days. If they put in a new attraction then you would have another horrendous queue in fantasyland. Each land has their own overflow attractions and not every ride can be an E-Ticket.

Rehab Snow White into one of those other Princess attractions, Take out the Carousel and have more room for the queue lines! Ok so I guess I'm just dreaming here.

tink2

I, personally, would love to see the Snow WHite ride go. My DD4 cried so hard during that ride we had to ride small world 5 times before she would go on anything else! She still says, "When we go back to Disney World, I don't want to ride Snow WHite." The thing petrified her! DS2 1/2 also didn't like it. I have several friends that have been to WDW with their young children, and each one said it scared their little one. I know they made it less scary a while back, but it still scares a lot of small children. My niece is 7 and she hid her face during parts of the ride- and she has ridden it several times before! Many may not agree, but for our family, we would prefer it gone! We couldn't even walk past it without DD beggin us not to make her go! (which we had already determined never to ride it again anyway!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom