Snow White closing date???

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maybe of 2012 but August of this year sounds a bit premature. I can't see them closing Snow White until Mermaid and Circusland are open.

Lee

Adventurer
August may be a little early.
I'd guess more like early next year, after the hollidays.
The plan was to have the new M&G open in Q4 of 2012. That puts it in the July-Sept. range next year.

tirian

I've also heard early 2012. They don't want to close any more attractions than necessary as they transition into the new space.

Hot4Hudgens

Just curious, does Disney usually do anything to commemorate an attraction's last go-about? (be it for the attraction itself or the final riders)

drew81

Original Poster
Just curious, does Disney usually do anything to commemorate an attraction's last go-about? (be it for the attraction itself or the final riders)

Very doubtful.....When they announced Mr. Toad was closing they had issues.

redsfan4life

I happen to be in MK the night Mr. Toads Wild Ride closed and was last in line so was offically last person to ever ride it at WDW.

MAF

I"m actually quite ed off that Snow White is closing down. Wow, we're getting a meet and greet to replace it! :rolleyes:

AEfx

I"m actually quite ed off that Snow White is closing down. Wow, we're getting a meet and greet to replace it! :rolleyes:

Actually we are getting a whole new Snow White ride that is shaping up to be much grander in scale than the existing ride.

Trust me, Snow White is my #1 ride and I'd be screaming to high heck if we weren't getting something "better" in return.

Scuttle

I've also heard early 2012. They don't want to close any more attractions than necessary as they transition into the new space.

Absolutely correct. The Magic Kingdom is operating at a very low capacity right now. TDO didn't anticipate Tiki Room going down before Toon Town closing. Granted it does not affect the capacity that much, but it doesn't help.

RSoxNo1

Absolutely correct. The Magic Kingdom is operating at a very low capacity right now. TDO didn't anticipate Tiki Room going down before Toon Town closing. Granted it does not affect the capacity that much, but it doesn't help.

While I believe this to be true as well (logic would dictate that no Toontown Fair means smaller capacity), I don't think the park went through any phased closings on Easter. Is that correct? Is it because it was so late this year it was outside the window of many school vacations?

Scuttle

While I believe this to be true as well (logic would dictate that no Toontown Fair means smaller capacity), I don't think the park went through any phased closings on Easter. Is that correct? Is it because it was so late this year it was outside the window of many school vacations?

Exactly. I have a feeling there will be some days in mid summer that might see atleast phase one of closing. July 4th weekend I'm sure will see some phased closings at MK.

Neverland

I happen to be in MK the night Mr. Toads Wild Ride closed and was last in line so was offically last person to ever ride it at WDW.

The last guest, perhaps. I'm positive CMs would have ridden it after the park closed, either for ride closing procedures, or to say goodbye. :wave:

It'll probably be the same with Snow. When Small World went down just for a couple months, practically every CM in Fantasyland and Toontown rode it after park closing on its last night.

Dad 2 M & M

The last guest, perhaps. I'm positive CMs would have ridden it after the park closed, either for ride closing procedures, or to say goodbye. :wave:

It'll probably be the same with Snow. When Small World went down just for a couple months, practically every CM in Fantasyland and Toontown rode it after park closing on its last night.
One of the perks of being an "insider".

Sketch105

I would see it closing down after July, when the crowds have dissipated a bit and they can are closer to having everything being built up.

I can't imagine how they'll get those castle walls up fast unless they are pre-fabricated and put in place overnight.

Actually we are getting a whole new Snow White ride that is shaping up to be much grander in scale than the existing ride.

Trust me, Snow White is my #1 ride and I'd be screaming to high heck if we weren't getting something "better" in return.

Eh, I don't really see how getting a new ride in a totally different location calls for closing an existing ride. I don't see why they just wouldn't keep it open and build the meet and greet somewhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom