sneak preview 2

CrashNet

Oh yeah

Maya is by far the best download. You have to try Maya out. As for gMax, I'm not totally sure. You'd have wait until Dan gets online. I'm sure he can tell you.

NowInc

One that you left out..and is by FAR the best "free" package out there..

Softimage Experience::

http://www.softimage.com/Products/xsi/v2/ExperienceCD/

Comes with 2 CDs..one thats full of video tutorials and the FULL documentation...and ALL sample files that comes with the FULL version of the program...it even lets you save..ooOOooo..They even pay for shipping..cant beat that. (downside: It takes like 4 months to get it)

As for the others...Maya's "free" version is "ok"...but a heafty download that not all users are ready to make.

One thing most people tend to forget is that MOST of these 3d applications require Win NT/2K/XP...so all you 9x users out there will have to use either blender, POVRay, GMax, or Lightwave|Free When it comes out.

SteveUK

I'm not getting into the argument about whether reporting was too harsh, that's none of my business. Just a quick bit of advice for WDW freak, this whole situation wouldn't have happened if you weren't a little naive with your original post. You are not the only person in the world who does naughty things like using copied software, but be clever - don't admit it on the internet!
By saying this, I am not condoning software or any other copyright piracy, I get just as frustrated as anybody at the high prices these problems cause. All I am saying is think before you speak, this time the info you gave away on the internet only led to you being reported to a company which probably can't justify the expense to follow this up. Next time it could be an address or credit card number, just think about what you are posting for hundreds/thousands of people you have never met to read.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by SteveUK
I'm not getting into the argument about whether reporting was too harsh, that's none of my business. Just a quick bit of advice for WDW freak, this whole situation wouldn't have happened if you weren't a little naive with your original post. You are not the only person in the world who does naughty things like using copied software, but be clever - don't admit it on the internet!

Umm...are you talking to me...or is there another WDWFreak out there???

SteveUK

WDWFREAK53

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I was talking about WDW/SFOG Freak, I didn't realise there were two very similar names. Thanks Juan

Dizneydude87

I don't know if I should have posted this somewhere else, but anywho, here it goes...
My dad is installing Photoshop on this computer. He already put it on his computer. Umm... Im not doing anything illegal, am I? I mean, he bought it (it was REALLY expensive). Also, if it is ok to have, how do I use it. I just saw all of you guy's awsome pictures, and told my dad jokingly to go buy it. It shocked me when he came to my room with a Photoshop CD. Lol. Well, thank you...

Dizneydude87

Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to clear something up. My dad already had P/S, he's had it for a while. I didn't want you guys to think I am like a spoiled brat or anything, seeing is how that program costs ALOT (well, for a 15 y/o it is)...LOL:D

NowInc

TECHNICALLY speaking...you would need to have a new copy for every computer its installed on...Obviously that seems a bit obsurd..but i can understand why they would want that.

Howwwwwwwwever...Seeing how your dad bought it for his personal use, and he is installing it on another one of HIS computers...i wouldnt worry too much.

Is it legal? No...but will you get busted for it? Most likley not.

Dizneydude87

Nowinc,
Thank you for the reply and info. It helps, and makes me feel better that I won't have to pay like 10k or anything...lol. :animwink:

JLW11Hi

So whatever happened to the other WDWFreak? I hope he's not being fined or anything! I mean, since he took it off of his computer. But, anyway, what was his idea?? Its kinda strange how this whole thread never turned out to be about a "Sneak Preview". Hey, if he can't use any expensive photoshop equipment, there is always Microsoft Paint!

NowInc

First..not to bash him or anything..he has a lot of heart..but no means. He has not been using graphics applications that long..so I very highly doubt he would have been able to produce concepts within the next year or so....

As for cheap graphics programs...one word..GIMP...its damn powerfull..and damn free...always good ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom