sneak preview 2

WDW/SFOG_freak

Original Poster
Hey, I am comming up with a new ride design, sorta like NowInc is, but I have just started drawing the consept drawings today, so it probly will be a while before any 3d art is done for it, but here is a ;) sneak preview ;) of my work.
[edit] wops, I forgot to put the picture in, lol :eek:

^<--It is my avatar.[/edit]

I actually did this in PhotoShop 6.0 :king: :sohappy: :king:

:wave:

NowInc

Originally posted by WDW/SFOG_freak
Hey, I am comming up with a new ride design, sorta like NowInc is, but I have just started drawing the consept drawings today, so it probly will be a while before any 3d art is done for it, but here is a ;) sneak preview ;) of my work.

I actually did this in PhotoShop 6.0 :king: :sohappy: :king:

:wave:

Did what?

...also..what 3d Software are you using?

NowInc

Uh..your avatar is a ride concept???

..oh..and you never answered my question..what 3D Software are you going to use? I assume of course that your verion of Photoshop 6 and Eyecandy are LEGAL right?

NowInc

You still havnt answered my question....what 3D Software are you going to use? I assume of course that your verion of Photoshop 6 and Eyecandy are LEGAL right?

WDW/SFOG_freak

Original Poster
?

Um, sorry bout that Now.

I am using a legal copy of all programs; 3dsm, Photoshop, and eye candy. I just kept forgetting to answer it, I would get carried away with other things.

NowInc

Re: ?

Originally posted by WDW/SFOG_freak
Um, sorry bout that Now.

I am using a legal copy of all programs; 3dsm, Photoshop, and eye candy. I just kept forgetting to answer it, I would get carried away with other things.

Well since i dont see how a 15 year old could afford all of those..I reported you anyway.....if they are LEGAL..you have nothing to worry about..however for every copy of software thats not legit..you get a 10,000 buck fine...and they WILL get you...have fun!

WDW/SFOG_freak

Original Poster
Hey, I got both 3dsm and photoshop from my teacher in Industrial Tech at Pendelton Highschool. I didn't know you had to pay for eye candy, a friend sent it to me, I'll go ahead and find the uninstall for Eye Candy right away.

But other than that Eye Candy thing, their totally lagit. I'll see if I can find the number for my teacher...

But, like I said, I didn't know about eye candy, a friend gave it to me. I didn't think to check it out.

But the other two are legit... I got them from school for educational reasons.

NowInc

You didnt buy them..therefore they are illegal..simple as that. Even the educational versions cost money....

Educational version of 3dSMax is like 600 bucks..and Photoshop is around 250 for the educational copy...both can only be used for Learning ONLY...any work you put online is then automatically in breach of that and therefore you would be breaking the law anyhow...

sorry..there is no way around it...either buy it...or suffer the consequences.

CmdrTostada

Dont be so hard on him Dan. As a 15 year old myself it would be a bit hard to get into the type of programming your doing. Considering Maya is 2000 bucks. And did you seriously report him to the authorities? I mean for someone who wants to get into programming, they would have to goto a very high budgeted school, which is about 1 in 1000. Or illegally get the programs, which is wrong.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I talk to Dan nightly, and I know how much he pays for this stuff....I'd be mad if i bough a car, and somebody else was able to get it for free, and then asks me how to do something with it.

Bad analogy, but it shows how he feels.

NowInc

Originally posted by Turbogames
Dont be so hard on him Dan. As a 15 year old myself it would be a bit hard to get into the type of programming your doing. Considering Maya is 2000 bucks. And did you seriously report him to the authorities? I mean for someone who wants to get into programming, they would have to goto a very high budgeted school, which is about 1 in 1000. Or illegally get the programs, which is wrong.

First off...yep..i really did report him...Already got the confirmation email too..they will be looking into it this week.

second...I started doing 3D animation when i was MUCH younger than 15...there are FREE and LEGAL ways (there is even a FREE learning edition of almost all 3D packages out there) for people to learn..

...I aslo went to COLLEGE for this...So i get a bit bitter when someone who is using an illegal copy of a program is learning things that i studied for..and paid for...

also..it may not matter to YOU..but these programs cost a LOT of money..half of that reason is because of people pirating them..

sorry...0 tolerence..

CrashNet

I have to agree

I can understand why Dan is upset. Frankly I am a little too. I personally spent thousands of dollars for the programs I have now, and I could have spent a lot less if piracy wasn't such a big problem. My advice is to do what Dan suggested, as I did myself when I first got interested in 3d animation and computer programming: go to the websites and download the demos. Every program out there has some kind of demo to give you a taste of what they have to offer. Then do what we did: GET A JOB, SAVE YOUR MONEY, AND PURCHASE A LEGAL COPY OF THE SOFTWARE. You'll appreciate the art of computer animation so much more, even if you are like me and have never had the kind of experience Dan has had...yet.

Disney4648

Hey, sorry to interrupt here but I think this PC anmiation and graphics creation is really cool. I have the free version of GIMP and i use MS paint also. Can you direct me to some website that offer free demos or downloads of their products?

thanks!:)

CrashNet

No problem

I'm more than willing to help an aspiring 3d animator!!

Here are some places to get some evaluation software for some of the top 3d animation programs!

I hope these help you out. These are some of the best computer art and animation programs on the market today!

Rider

Maya is 130MB.

I'm going to try it though.

How about gMAX? I know its for games, but you can make models and buildings and such with it. Its all free too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom