Snakes, lizzard, alligators

wedway71

U can call Front desk and they will send someone to take it out.Just dont do what my senile grandma did who also hates lizards and took bug spray and sprayed the poor lizard to death:cry:

autumndawn1006

suzie said:
Have you ever seen lizzards in hotel rooms.

and what do you do if there is one.

I would scream my head off and run for dear life.

Never seen one in the hotel room. I have lived in FL on and off my entire life and have never seen one inside (except garages and storage places.)

If you scream your head off I'm sure they will tell each other to leave you alone. Seriously, don't worry about them if you haven't seen them. They are really small.

wedway71

Honestly dont worry-If you were going on a trip to The Nile River or a Rain Forrest id say worry but not at WDW-ive been there about 40 times since 1971 and never got eaten by any nature.:slurp:

suzie

Original Poster
Just my luck, I will probably wake up in the morning with one looking at me in the face.

ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I can't turn around now, my trip is all paid up, I have to go to Disney.

If you tell me there is no danger, thennnnnnnnnnnnnn maybe, and Wedway71 I think your grandmother is a sensible and very brave women.

Ringo8n24

The lizards are absolutely disgusting to me and I hate seeing them. They do not bite, but they freak me out so bad. They are all over WDW, especially if you sit on a nice bench by some pretty flowers. Boom, there he is. If one gets in your hotel room, you can spray them with hairspray then have someone toss them outside. The hairspray freezes them up so they cannot move for a moment. My husband knows if he does not get lizards out of the house or hotel if they come in, I am leaving until he finds it. Period. I know they do not harm you, but yuck!!! As much as I hate them, though, I would never not go to WDW because they are there. They are just ugly to look at but not harmful.
:eek:

Senderella

wedway71 said:
Are you talking about Water Mocasin(cotten mouth)??They are black in color and can be very deadly.They mostly hang around water-ponds,lakes,marshy areas etc and are nasty.I think the 3 snakes that stand in my mind as scary in Florida are
1-Cotten Mouth
2-any kind of rattle snake
3-coral snake( can be confused with the harmless King snake)
BUt my advise is to keep away from any if you happen to see them.
Dont be totally alarmed though-dont want you to think that Florida is like a horror movie where every 30 seconds armies of snakes are lurking about.
Ive been in SW florida and west Broward county both newly developed areas and I have only maybe seen 5-10 snakes in 30 years and the ones I have sen were harmless.

Last May, dh was walking back to the room from the hot tub at WL. it was kind of late..we'd just gotten back from an evening at DTD. There was a cotton mouth hanging out by the glass door. he went & found a CM and they radio'd to someone and they got it removed. no biggie.

wedway71

We must respect the Lizard since they were here alot longer than we were.:lol: When I was stationed in Texas in the Air Force we did a training excercise in which 20 of us played as wounded Airman and we got dropped off overnight in the middle of a swampy area near Lackland Airforce Base and we had to stay there for about 5 hours in the dark just waiting and wondering what Texas size bug,spider, or gator would eat us first.:lookaroun

miles1

Seriously, I think the people that try to rope you into timeshares are more dangerous, annoying, and disgusting than any of the critters you may encounter around WDW.:lol:

wedway71

miles1 said:
Seriously, I think the people that try to rope you into timeshares are more dangerous, annoying, and disgusting than any of the critters you may encounter around WDW.:lol:

That is soooooo true!!!!!

wedway71

suzie said:
Thank you very much Wedway 71 for that sharing this with me.

You will have a great time and wont even think about any of the nature just the awsome time you're having with the family.:sohappy:

Ringo8n24

If it helps, we have been 22 times and have seen more bunnies, ducks, peacocks, and deer than we have seen snakes or alligators because I have never seen any of those at WDW, but did hear a gator in the bushes at WL while we watched the Electrical Water Pageant. My husband said it sounded like a baby one. But..., you will see more than one lizard and you and I just will have to get over that one. :lol:

disnyfan89

I have lived in Florida since I could remember and I only see a snake once every few years! We did actually have a Garden Snake in the house a few months back. That was alot of fun :lol:

Also if your scared of Gators you might not want to ride Splash Mountain. Last time I was on that there where tons of them :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom