Snacks You Bring

DisneyPrincess5

While I LOOOVE me some Disney meals and snacks, DH and I have gotten into the habit of bringing some food into the parks with us to help cut down the cost of food spending a bit, and it's also nice and convenient to reach into our backpack and grab a snack whenever we want.

What snacks or meals do you guys bring into the parks? We shop at Publix on our first day. Looking for ideas for convenient ideas.

Thanks!

rob0519

We've never brought any snacks into the parks. We're on vacation. Why eat something we can get at any grocery store at home, when we have such a large amount of choices in the parks? Plus not bringing snacks allows us to not carry a backpack. Yes, bringing snacks in saves a few dollars and for a lot of people that can be a big deal, but it's not for us. Looking forward to seeing what others do bring.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I always pack a variety of things intending on saving myself money but once I get to the parks I usually cave in and buy WDW snacks because they are so temping and by far out do my home bought stuff. When we go home I find most of what I brought comes home with me. But I try every time.
So I bring things I enjoy, that will stand up to the FL heat and wont melt. I pack beef jerky, trail mix ( without the chocolate) , dried tropical fruit, almonds & cashews, individual packages of cheese/peanut butter crackers, goldfish, vanilla wafers & graham crackers, some Werther's hard candies.
Theyre packed in my backpack every day and I do munch on them but not as much as I intend to on a trip.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

The only snacks we've ever brought in a park bag are granola bars or Emerald "breakfast on the go" granola packets. They are light, take up minimal space, and are good at surviving the heat.

That being said, we rarely end up eating them. Between our in-room breakfast (Pop Tarts or cereal), CS lunch and TS dinner (and the leftovers those meals can generate), we often don't feel the need for any snacks during the day.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

We sometimes will bring bottles of water. I hate Dasani and we'll do it sometimes.

We'll sometimes bring cheese/PB crackers in the park or some different granola bars. I find the snacks at WDW to be too large and often too sweet, so if we want snacks we bring them ourselves. Now that we're beyond morning snacking for the off spring, we hardly take that either and just keep it in the room.

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

When figuring our budget for the trip we budget in snacks and drinks. It's too much to think about what to bring that won't get smashed when I shove my jacket into my backpack or is the snack going to melt over everything in the backpack. And it isn't like you need to walk long distance between finding something to snack on while walking around.

Upvote 0

jeremyg

Disney for us requires several years of planning and saving. So we bring all the food with us. We will eat a full breakfast in the room and will bring snacks and even a lunch with us in the park most days. Because spending $40 for four people every meal just does not make sense to us. That being said, we do choose better and tastier options to bring with us. So we will get things that we don't normally buy at the grocery store to eat at Disney. This way the kids still think its something special and out of the norm. Instead of the normal cereal, we will let the kids choose their own little cereal boxes and get donuts as well for breakfast. We do eat a couple quick service dinner out and typically stay away from the Character meals which creeps over $100 for the family. My kids could care less about the characters and don't want to wait for any meet and greets. They just want to go go go and hit as many rides as possible.

Just keep in mind that everyone's ideal vacation is different and kids want different things. And of course everyone's income and budgets differ greatly. :)

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

I usually put a couple of things that will fit in my crossbody. I prefer green grapes and can't find those in the parks, so I will put a small baggie of those in my purse, along with a snack size bag of Cheez-Its for my family because they like them. We drive to the parks, so they come in handy on the way back to the resort. In the summer I bring my Brita filtered water bottle, because I am not a fan of Dasani.

Upvote 0

Legendary

We normally bring cereal, granola bars, muffins and donuts for breakfast that we eat in the room or on the bus. We also bring peanut butter and jelly for lunch. Uncrustables are great (or make your own). They defrost by lunch and since we normally don't have them the kids think it's a treat. We bring the pre-sliced apples that stay cold next to the sandwiches. We also bring the individually packed tuna lunches. Comes with mayo and crackers and does not have to be refrigerated. I just let the kids pick out any other individual snacks. We usually end up buying 1 snack and 1 meal per person per day. We come often so this saves us a ton of money. They were doing a refillable popcorn bucket and that makes an awesome snack. You can refill it at any park and DS for $1.50(pretty sure).

Upvote 0

anchorman314

I always have 2 snacks in my backpack: a pack of crackers, either Austin Peanut Butter & Jelly or Lance Peanut Butter & Honey; and a non-chocolate sweet. For my last trip, I packed a pouch of Snack Factory Apple Sticks. They are delicious, and are actually a healthy snack -- 100% apple, nothing else. Any other snack is sourced from the Mouse.

Upvote 0

Tyaloo

We only have ever brought small travel packs of Ritz or granola bars. My daughter used to snack on them if we were hitting rope drop and she didn't get a full breakfast in our hotel room lol.

Upvote 0

FirstTimeForeigner

For the four of us we share one large water bottle. Quaker breakfast cookies for the adults ( and sometimes kids are willing to eat this). Oreos and chips ahoy come in these resealable plastic cups now that don't get crushed in our luggage. Dried fruit. As my wife pointed out the luggage space that frees up as we consume the snacks can then be filled up with Disney shopping booty matey. Still playing with my flying helicopter buzz light year ahar.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your ideas. I never thought of freezing a bottle (?!?) so we will do that this next trip for sure! Very smart. Love the snack ideas! I will be recording them down on my not in the least bit neurotic and thorough packing and shopping list :rolleyes::D

Upvote 0

Rsj88

We take fruit gummies, cheddar bunnies, granola bars, and a small juice box or two. Sometimes we bring Chex mix, animal crackers, cereal, or vanilla wafers. I try to pack whatever my kids are into that I would usually put in their lunches for school. I also like to grab stuff already packaged in small portions so I can just through them everyday. We enjoy eating Disney snacks but we are always glad we have a few treats packed too!

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Zone bars/kid's zone bars. Jammy Sammys. Pistachios or Almonds.

I pretty much always have one or all of these items with me on any long outing.

I'm a snack mule too :hilarious::hilarious:

We plan on bringing the things that I carry around every time we go on a long outing, as well. So, nature valley bars, fruit snacks, and shelf stable yogurt pouches mostly. But who knows what she'll eat by then, so I'm playing it by ear.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom