Snacks on the Dining Plan

jpm46

Once and for all, could someone help me to come up with a list of items that count as a snack credit on the dining plan. Also, some recommendations of your favorites?

Thanks!

natolij02

Last year for our snack credit we did the same thing every day. My daughter was on a bottle (she was 18 months) and I used one snack credit for a milk for her bottle, and the other snack credit for a full box of entemans donuts at POP's food court. The milk I got was a large size and enough milk to cover her for the whole day of bottles, we kept it cold on ice in our room in our ice bucket during the day. We are not big breakfast eaters so we had donuts for breakfast, used our CS for lunch, and TS for dinner. If you don't like donuts you could get milk and cereal (which would be 2 credits) having a quick breakfast like donuts saved money plus you eat so much the rest of the day on the dining plan that we didn't need another heavy meal.

Other things you can use it for just so you know is a full size bag of chips in your resort food court, small individual cereal boxes, muffins, donuts, single piece of fruit, rice krispy treats, and so much more to chose from. In your resort food court there will be signs under everything telling you if you can use your snack credit for something. They make it pretty easy to figure out what's included and whats not. I don't remember if in the parks if they have a symbol next to snacks signifying if they are on DDP snack list but, all you have to do is ask and they will let you know.

Happy snack hunting:slurp:

Upvote 0

mickey&me

Caramel apples from Main Street.

I think I read on another thread in this forum that the "new rules" won't allow you to buy things like a box of dunuts, but you should definitely get someone else to confirm that.

Another of our favorite things to do when we have leftover snacks is to buy candy or small packages of cookies to take home.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I've also heard that a snack credit is only for an individual serving size snack! So, no more big containers of milk, boxes of doughnuts, big bags of chips, etc. It has to be a single serving size only now!

Upvote 0

natolij02

I've also heard that a snack credit is only for an individual serving size snack! So, no more big containers of milk, boxes of doughnuts, big bags of chips, etc. It has to be a single serving size only now!

Thank you for letting me know that.....I was not aware of this change. I will find out in a few weeks and let you know if that is what happened.

Upvote 0

donvincenzo

Perhaps not the most helpful answer because it is only available at this one resort, but I have raved in the past and will continue to about the beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter. One of the unhealthiest snacks you could have, but oh so good.....

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I think we used our snack credits for water. When we were there (early September last year) it was so darn hot that you barely wanted to eat anyway. So a cookie was the farthest thing from our minds. :dazzle:

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

They are these yummy, donut-like puffs of dough, fried and sprinkled with powedered sugar. Seriously yummy and very fattening. They typically make them in New Orleans - one of the specialties. Try them if you ever get the chance!

My wife makes these and calls them somthing in spanish sounds like "soappapeeas", LOL , somthing like that. They are good!!!!

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

At one of the shops in the Polynesian, as well as other locations they have chip and dale, and assorted other charcaters bags of snacks. We like to buy trail mix. Really good!:)

Upvote 0

lac628

My wife makes these and calls them somthing in spanish sounds like "soappapeeas", LOL , somthing like that. They are good!!!!

I have had both Spanish and French versions. They are a little different, but similar bc they are both Fried dough. The spanish versions I have seen are usually served with honey or some type of sauce. The French ones are a combo of a donut hole and a funnel cake with powdered sugar.
Either way....they are both AWESOME!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom