Smoking in the parks?

DisneyparkFreak

My parents are smokers... are there designated areas in the parks where they can smoke? And if so, can anyone tell me where they are at? We've been 8 times to the world and are non-smokers so I never really paid attention to the areas. This is my parents first trip.

Thanks
Dan

Alexx

I can't tell you where they all are at the top of my head but there are areas. My moms a smoker so we have to go there regularly but just get a park map and they'll be on there.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
They would love DLRP!!

Marked areas but most just smoke all over the park!!!!:brick:

Worst thing about a park in France :mad:

Upvote 0

yankspy

MK-Right outside the Plaza Restaurant where you go downstairs to the seating area. The path that goes from the castle going to fantasyland. Right by Aloha Isle in Adventureland. There is a corner in Tomorrowland by the grand prix track and COP.

Epcot- Right by the exit from Mousegear. There is another one by Test Track. There are a few in WS but they change during the festivals.

AK-There are only 2 or 3 there.

DHS-:shrug:

The resorts have designated areas as well.

Upvote 0

Bigart

An interesting note to this thread is that there used to be a Tobacco shop on Main Street!

There are several designated smoking areas in the parks. There are 10 in the Magic Kingdom. You can find them on the park map.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

My step brother was refused service form the Rose and Crown just outside the dining room area to buy a beer in a souvenir cup until he put out his cigarette.

Upvote 0

ssnyder4

Thanks for checking and not assuming that your folks can smoke anywhere. There are many spots and I've noticed they tend to be near water...like overlooking Tom Sawyer's Island or the water that runs through Animal Kingdom.

We were walking behind a very rude man at animal kingdom the last time we were there in a very congested area near the stroller parking outside Nemo...it was horrible, we couldn't get around him. And of course, I love that he was smoking by stroller parking which would indicate to most people that children are nearby.

Upvote 0

westie

My wife actually quit smoking about 10 years ago when they designed the smoking areas. She felt like everyone that walked by gave her the,"dirty smoker" look. That was all the incentive she needed.

Upvote 0

The Empress Lilly

An interesting note to this thread is that there used to be a Tobacco shop on Main Street!

There are several designated smoking areas in the parks. There are 10 in the Magic Kingdom. You can find them on the park map.
Walt smoked like a chimney. He obviously designed his parks to be full of smokers. Here's Disney studying the parks with a cigarette in hand:

walt-disney.jpg

WHY DO YOU NON-SMOKERS HATE WALT?

Upvote 0

jlevis

Walt smoked like a chimney. He obviously designed his parks to be full of smokers. Here's Disney studying the parks with a cigarette in hand:

walt-disney.jpg

I don't hate Walt I hate the fact that he smoked so heavily and that he died at a very early age from lung cancer.

Upvote 0

walt-disney.jpg

He also hung out with the guy who designed the V1 and V2 rockets for the Nazis and he thought the Jewish people had a conspiracy against him. He was a great man but still had his faults, cigarettes included.

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

I think the biggest clash with non-smokers vs. smokers is the smokers sense of entitlement. Almost like its their right to smoke anywhere they want because its ME! Most smokers that complain about it tell me they smoke because they enjoy it (laughable) and that its their right to smoke if they want to because they aren't hurting anybody.

I actually knew a guy that complained about the new law where you can't smoke in a car if you have kids in it. His rationale was that its his kids, he can do with he wants with them, including giving them cancer. I'm not making this up.

I smoke black 'n mild cigars once at WDW when I get a chance, but I don't do it in the parks. I do it downwind away from everybody and most importantly, don't throw it on the ground when I'm done. :ROFLOL:

I also remember a trip where my wife (when she still smoked) and her sister went with me to MK. We literally had to stop 8 to 10 times that day so they could catch a smoke. At 5 to 10 minutes for each one and then of course a bathroom break after that, we spent probably 2 hours of our day sitting while they found a place, sat, and smoked. That's some WDW magic right there!!!

Upvote 0

The Empress Lilly

I smoke. Regardless of what you MAY see someone else doing, play by the rules... go to a designated smoking area. Show civility to the non-smokers - even if they show you none. Though I must admit - it's starting to look a little like the deep south in the 50's. I'm not sure anyone ever actually learns from the past - instead, humans tend to use the "thats different" catchall.
Me, I have visited Disney both as a smoker and as a non-smoker. I tried not to interfere with the experience of non-smokers when I did smoke, and now that I've quit I do not want to make the life of smokers miserable. Let them have their smoke.

When I did smoke, I confined it to the smoking areas. I wished it were different, but I don't make the rules. :shrug:

You can't have it your way all of the time. In a Disney park, I also can't play loud music anywhere, nor can I run around with eighty people wearing identical clothes as me while we sing and shout all day long. :zipit:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom