Smoking areas GONE starting may 1st Pinned so people can still see the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LOL. It's cute you think they don't. If you aren't a smoker, you don't understand the lengths some will go for a smoke. You just don't.

Rampant chemical addiction?

Yeah I think I get it. But smoking is culturally dead...which is why it became large scale popular in the first place. It will die...we might be slightly above the curve.

Besides...what chemical relaxant can you get from luckys that you don’t get 100x over after a light 11,500 calorie breakfast at crystal palace these days??

Kman101

I don't think we're talking about the same style of vaping device. If you're thinking about one of those pens that lets out a giant plum of vapor; that's not at all what I use. I think those are ridiculous, also. But, now, there some fairly sophisticated devices that are a little smaller than a Sharpie, and b/c of the concentration level of the cartridge very little of the product is actually turned into vapor when used. What I use you couldn't even see unless you were watching me exhale, and I purposefully buy cartridges without scents so the only "odor" is the glycerin solution that serves as the vapor. I can't smell it, but if you had super great smelling ability, it would smell like sugar water.

And, completely unrelated to what we're talking about - my only point in all of this - is that instead of having smoking/vaping contained in very specific areas, Disney will now have basically gotten rid of smoking, but spread vaping all over the park. I'm not some random case of a person that will break that rule. I'd bet literally hundreds of park guests, on a daily basis, will break that rule. I'm just honest about it.

I'd bet hundreds break the rule now. But, not me, I'm a rule follower. I always used the designated areas, and actually really liked the one between Space Mountain and the train station. Oh well, I'll survive somehow I suppose...

Yep. Some folks aren't seeing this is actually going to create a problem.

Kman101

Rampant chemical addiction?

Yeah I think I get it. But smoking is culturally dead...which is why it became large scale popular in the first place. It will die...we might be slightly above the curve.

Besides...what chemical relaxant can you get from luckys that you don’t get 100x over after a light 11,500 calorie breakfast at crystal palace these days??

It's not culturally dead though. Maybe it's dying in America, but it actually isn't ;) you're just seeing it less because it's banned most everywhere. You just don't understand that's it's still "in" in many other places not called America.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
And you know who's mostly in the smoking sections? People not from America (but they're still there too). They still smoke like it's in style (any of our British regulars want to chime in?). This is going to be a problem for Disney.
I can't speak for all of Britain (im not called Farage) but where i am from it is a dying habit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And you know who's mostly in the smoking sections? People not from America (but they're still there too). They still smoke like it's in style (any of our British regulars want to chime in?). This is going to be a problem for Disney.

I think the statistics show that the largest uses of tobacco are in still developing/industrialized countries...not Western Europe. It falling everyone in the post industrial world and will continue to do so.

So who goes to WDW??

Club Cooloholic

Look, I get it. Anti-smokers are a militant group. Even as a (now former) smoker, I get it. I didn't care for the stink either, and went out of my way to smoke respectfully and washed my hands afterwards, ate a mint, etc. A lot of smokers simply don't care either way. Just the way it is.

But unless you understand addiction, you can't simply say, "well not in my house!" People can and will find a way to get their fix, whether it offends you, is illegal or not. Some of the things I've done to smoke would probably shock your Mickey ears off. So I'll leave that for another day.

Now that there are no designated areas to point out (outside the parks is honestly laughable) Disney has opened the floodgates.

If you think that's a Mötley Crüe scenario, boy are you out of touch. They'd smoke right in the middle of the hub while peeing in the fountains. 🤣
Well you CAN say not in my house. Simple as if I have a rule against smoking and you break it, I will ask you to leave, and you may not ever be invited back. I understand addiction is real, does that mean we should be ok with people breaking out their kits and shooting up heroin, because ya know it's and addiction and they need their fix?

donaldtoo

I don’t think Walt would have gone for this...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not culturally dead though. Maybe it's dying in America, but it actually isn't ;) you're just seeing it less because it's banned most everywhere. You just don't understand that's it's still "in" in many other places not called America.

So if it’s incresisngky banned and barley anyone makes a peep about it...what is the argument again?

In WDW of all places.

Contrary to popular misconceptions...the clientele is 85% American over the whole year aggregate...it’s never “all brits” (who you really don’t see smoking anyway) or “all Brazilians (who again you don’t see smoke)

??

aliceismad

Last edited:

Kman101

I think the statistics show that the largest uses of tobacco are in still developing/industrialized countries...not Western Europe. It falling everyone in the post industrial world and will continue to do so.

So who goes to WDW??

I see it first hand in smoking sections. I feel like I know what I'm talking about in this case.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'll continue to use my vape pen.

So will many others.

This will just spread it all around the parks b/c a whole lot of the cartridges are concentrated enough now that it takes very little vapor to get the desired affect.

It will probably get rid of cigarettes, though, b/c that'd be next to impossible to hide in plain sight. But, I could use that vape pen all day and no one would ever notice....or ever has noticed....if I wasn't in a designated area.
I don't think we're talking about the same style of vaping device. If you're thinking about one of those pens that lets out a giant plum of vapor; that's not at all what I use. I think those are ridiculous, also. But, now, there some fairly sophisticated devices that are a little smaller than a Sharpie, and b/c of the concentration level of the cartridge very little of the product is actually turned into vapor when used. What I use you couldn't even see unless you were watching me exhale, and I purposefully buy cartridges without scents so the only "odor" is the glycerin solution that serves as the vapor. I can't smell it, but if you had super great smelling ability, it would smell like sugar water.

And, completely unrelated to what we're talking about - my only point in all of this - is that instead of having smoking/vaping contained in very specific areas, Disney will now have basically gotten rid of smoking, but spread vaping all over the park. I'm not some random case of a person that will break that rule. I'd bet literally hundreds of park guests, on a daily basis, will break that rule. I'm just honest about it.

I'd bet hundreds break the rule now. But, not me, I'm a rule follower. I always used the designated areas, and actually really liked the one between Space Mountain and the train station. Oh well, I'll survive somehow I suppose...
So which is it ?
In one post you say no one has ever noticed you vaping all over the place and in another you say you only vape in the assigned locations.

BoarderPhreak

Smoking is at a record low in America. It's down to something like 10% of adults.
And what's the statistic for vaping? 😉

Well you CAN say not in my house. Simple as if I have a rule against smoking and you break it, I will ask you to leave, and you may not ever be invited back. I understand addiction is real, does that mean we should be ok with people breaking out their kits and shooting up heroin, because ya know it's and addiction and they need their fix?
And how long have drugs been illegal in say, night clubs? Hint: always.

Does that stop anyone from doing it before they get in, in the bathrooms or in the alleyway - or just flat out in the open? Nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom