Small world to be gone for good??

imagineergurl

Original Poster
my mom told me that she read in her disney magazine that they were gonna tear it down due to poor attendence but they cant!!any1 know the real truth cause my mom is known to stretch the truth

CAPTAIN HOOK

I haven't read the magazine, but I reckon your moms trying to pull a fast one here. Its a Small World is unique and I for one can't see it disappearing

DanStat

Which Disney Magazine was this?

Not the one published by Disney I assume! I read where they were repainting it for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, but other than that, it's not being torn down as of now.

Goofster

Disney is DEFINITELY not that crazy. I have the new magazine and have seen nothing of the sort, not that i would expect to. Disney get rid of one of their flagship rides? Next, it's Pirates of the Carribean and Space Mountain. I don't think so.

orangefan15

I can't imagine Disney would EVER get rid of its a small world...in all honesty, if they tried, I'd imagine there would be people chaining themselves to the building to keep it from going away. IASW IS Disney.

Henning

...I was talking to a CM about IASW when I was at WDW four weeks ago, because I thought that - compared to the Paris version - it could need a major rehab. She told me that there was some planning for smaller rehabs.....I don´t think they what plan smaller rehabs if they wanted to "kill" it anyway.

And the other reason: IASW is THE classic ride - there is no way that it could ever be taken away!!!!

-Henning

tahoe98

I don't think Disney would raze any attraction. Look at their history here. How many attractions could we count (at least at WDW) that are "inactive" but still just sitting there?

2K Leagues, COP, just to name a couple. Who's to say that those attractions might come back? Is is possible: Yes. Is it probable: who knows?

My 2 cents.

Ben

BTW, let's not side track this discussion about rumors surrounding the attractions I mentioned.

Katherine

disney WOULD NOT tear down Small World! It's one of Walt disney's Famous creations. I don't think they'll tamper with it. Anyways whenever I look over at the line during the morning at MK it's usually pretty long. I don't think they'll be getting rid of it any time soon.

General Grizz

Incorrect. It's a Small World has had fine attendance and has not been mentioned to close - nor will it or should it!

Ask your mom to show it to you... :animwink:

General Grizz

Originally posted by tahoe98
2K Leagues, COP, just to name a couple. Who's to say that those attractions might come back? Is is possible: Yes. Is it probable: who knows?

The subs are way gone. The area, as it's been told on several Magic Kingdom Tours actually, is the only attraction to never officially close. 20K won't be coming back. However, COP will open this holiday season. If it doesn't, Disney will be going against its own "Constitution"...

MrPromey

Originally posted by tahoe98
I don't think Disney would raze any attraction. Look at their history here. How many attractions could we count (at least at WDW) that are "inactive" but still just sitting there?

My 2 cents.

Ben

BTW, let's not side track this discussion about rumors surrounding the attractions I mentioned.

I heard that the reason that the 2000 lagoon is still around is because a top US drug manufacturer has teamed up with Disney to develop a new miracle pill based on the unusual chemicals that have somehow formed in the years that the attraction has stood empty. Apparently, they have no plans to re-open the attraction but will not remove it to begin construction on another until the people back at the drug companies labs have been able to recreate the chemical makeup in a controlled environment.

Sorry. I just couln't resist

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Katherine
disney WOULD NOT tear down Small World! It's one of Walt disney's Famous creations. I don't think they'll tamper with it. Anyways whenever I look over at the line during the morning at MK it's usually pretty long. I don't think they'll be getting rid of it any time soon.

CoP was also one of Walt's famous creations and look at it now...

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I think you take away IASW and you take away something that made WDW and DL what they are today. I know I'm not a big fan of it, but I think you'd rub a whole lot of people the wrong way if it was ever torn out.

Besides, they wouldn't be repainting it if they were planning on tearing it out. :)

General Grizz

Fievel - you're right. There are a few attractions that really rooted from Walt, making WDW and DL what they are today!!

And, even though it's not closing, but there was a time when Journey into Imagination had a major refurbishment a few months before it closed...

darthdarrel

Originally posted by orangefan15
I can't imagine Disney would EVER get rid of its a small world...in all honesty, if they tried, I'd imagine there would be people chaining themselves to the building to keep it from going away. IASW IS Disney.
I for one would be one of them!:animwink:
No they are definately NOT going to tear down our precious IASW!:D

Henning

....also I have had this kind of dream where you are inside "It´s a small world, see the dolls, hear their song - and suddenly you discover the baseball-bat in your hand!" :hammer:

:D

I would be pleased if you could make me a member of the "IASW dolls and doll protectors"....

It´s surely a must see everytime I´m at WDW or DLRP - and it always takes days to get the music out of my head again - and I love these days....

Greetings from the other end of the small world!

-Henning

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Henning
....also I have had this kind of dream where you are inside "It´s a small world, see the dolls, hear their song - and suddenly you discover the baseball-bat in your hand!" :hammer:

:D

I would be pleased if you could make me a member of the "IASW dolls and doll protectors"....

It´s surely a must see everytime I´m at WDW or DLRP - and it always takes days to get the music out of my head again - and I love these days....

Greetings from the other end of the small world!

-Henning
WELCOME ABOARD HENNING!:D
Maelstom rocks is back?:eek: Where did he post?

dreamer

If I were hiring employees I would ask, "Do you like IASW?" on the application. A "no" answer would automatically exclude you. I don't like working around people with no imagination.

I don't think Disney is caring for this jewel like they should. It should sparkle!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom