Small World Extremelly Improved/COP

Cmdr_Crimson

COP sign? Sorry...

Carousel of Progress got a new sign installed...From Blogmickey
CarouselOfProgress-sign-1.jpg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
How were Small Worlds ceiling carousels? Last week every one was static. Which was a shame since the rest of the ride itself looked great. Half the popcorn lights at load were also out but I suspect it was supply relayed as opposed to bulb issues.

I noticed that as well starting with the magic carpets.

Clamman73

I was on it a few times during the week and just in general it was looking great...especially with the sun working. Every hula girl was shaking her thang, hippo eyes were blinking and the names at the end were showing up.

MerlinTheGoat

I'll echo what Martin said about the ceiling carousels. I rode it on the day it came out of rehab and it wasn't looking very good. A number of non-working or missing dolls and non-working trim lights (especially in the queue but some also in the ride itself). Some of the scenery or animal props that are supposed to move were stationary as well (such as a non-blinking hippo and the elephant wasn't moving its head). The sun definitely wasn't working either. No tightrope figures either (any overhanging prop suspended over the boats or sets were either removed or stationary). The final scene in particular had a number of stationary dolls.

Have they actually been doing some work on during the past two weeks?

Diznyfan

How were Small Worlds ceiling carousels? Last week every one was static. Which was a shame since the rest of the ride itself looked great. Half the popcorn lights at load were also out but I suspect it was supply relayed as opposed to bulb issues.
I was on it a week ago and they were still static.

Monorail_Red_77

I didn't get a chance to ride Small World this past Sat 10/1 but as we walked by, I noticed they still have some of the exterior queue wall behind refurb panels. Glad to see it is getting some love.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I loved the condition of IaSM the last time I rode it!!! Everything was working, the AA's and dolls all looked great... Oh wait... that was at Disneyland... ;)

dylan313

So is the Sun working or not? It's been broken for ages. And aside from that, as others have said, the ceiling carousels really need to get fixed. AND, the tightrope walker/unicycle rider dude has been gone for even longer. But now we get to have our names told to us at the end of the ride, yay....

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I was on it a few times during the week and just in general it was looking great...especially with the sun working. Every hula girl was shaking her thang, hippo eyes were blinking and the names at the end were showing up.
The hula girls are my absolute favorites. My second favorite I suppose is Taj Mahal. On our trip last month it was under refurb but the refurb ended right after our trip ended but by buddy was there the week after me. He said when they opened it back up that there was still a ton of stuff not working yet and it was kinda weird to ride it like that. I'm glad to hear that stuff is working again. I love Small World a lot because it's like a hardcore nostalgia overload for me. Also I just hate for rides to go through refurbs because that always just lengthens lines to other attractions by default. I can't wait til Thunder Mountain is working again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So is the Sun working or not? It's been broken for ages. And aside from that, as others have said, the ceiling carousels really need to get fixed. AND, the tightrope walker/unicycle rider dude has been gone for even longer. But now we get to have our names told to us at the end of the ride, yay....
The sun was working in all its glory. Shame about all the carousels though or it'd have scored very highly.

Well, apart from that and an unload stack all the way past Hawaii.

wwm

Was on this past Sunday 3/2 at the time we went thru the only items not working were the very first ceiling carousel and the name screens at the end. It was really nice to see everything else working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom