Small World Extremelly Improved/COP

Clamman73

So is the Sun working or not? It's been broken for ages. And aside from that, as others have said, the ceiling carousels really need to get fixed. AND, the tightrope walker/unicycle rider dude has been gone for even longer. But now we get to have our names told to us at the end of the ride, yay....
A video taken on the MK 45th day

Goofnut1980

OMG.. the SUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! I have missed it working for so many years. It's so funny how one little detail really help let the memories begin! I can't wait to see it.

MerlinTheGoat

Go to the 3 minute mark on the video. The magic carpets in that scene are moving again as well!

There are still some ceiling carousel effects in the first scene that aren't moving, not to mention the tightrope figures (which I hope weren't removed forever). But for a change, there seems to be some actual night work going on with this ride. Hopefully they continue this and can bring it back up to proper show ready condition ASAP, this has gone on for far too long and it's nice to see some signs of hope again.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Rode this today to see what work they've done to this in person. The ceiling carousel figures are all working great, along with all the other hanging balloons and such.

Still needs a lot of work though, here's some issues I noticed-

- There's still a lot of trim lighting not working. Both in the queue (LED no less which is sad), and the finale white room (particularly the roller coaster). No entire strands at least, but quite a few individuals that need addressing.
- There are quite a few damaged ceiling tiles or ones needing a good cleaning from mold around the air vents.
- The paint on the walls in the first room is VERY poor. It looks like they started giving the walls a new coat but just stopped before the job was done. You can see the brush strokes of the new paint on the faded older paint, not an even cover at all. One area of the wall even has some flowers that were partially brushed over with new black paint, you can see it about 1:35 into this video

- Most dolls seem to be present, though I did notice the lasso swinging boy in the final white room was gone from his platform today. I don't know if there were more missing. Of course the tightrope figures are gone as well, but this is probably permanent (even the wire is gone). Sad...

This is more incidental and likely temporary, but the air conditioning didn't seem to be working at all. The queue was functioning fine, but the ride itself was VERY hot and unusually humid even for a water ride (good thing the weather outside was relatively nice).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom