Small MK Photo Update (w/ important CoP News!!!)

TOTGuy

Original Poster
City Hall is being Refurbed, with a very plain temporary scrim covering it.

More City Hall

Refurb Sign for Splash

Dry Splash Mountain

Closed Entrance

Some Roof Work Being Done

And Last but certainly not least. Speaking to a CoP CM she says that it isn't going anywhere. It was one of Walt's Attractions and is here to stay. Remember "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow"

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
thanks for posting...I am going on this Saturday for a week and I am so sad that Splash is closed, as I have never ridden it, and I planned to this trip:cry:

imamouse

Thanks for this update and the wonderful news about CoP. I hope that the CM is in the know, but they often are kept in the dark. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I love the CoP.

It makes sense to rehab Splash in Jan when it's cool. We went in Sept one year and it was down. That was back in the days when Sept was the slowest month of the year.

doop

Thanks for the update, hopefully the CM you spoke with is trustworthy, and not just blowing smoke.

Captain Hank

Looking at the Splash refurb sign, the first thing that jumped to mind was the talking moose in National Lampoon's Vacation.

"Sorry, folks! We're closed for two weeks to clean and repair America's favorite family fun park. Sorry, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!" :lookaroun :lol:

TOTGuy

Original Poster
Looking at the Splash refurb sign, the first thing that jumped to mind was the talking moose in National Lampoon's Vacation.

"Sorry, folks! We're closed for two weeks to clean and repair America's favorite family fun park. Sorry, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!" :lookaroun :lol:
LOL Captain Hank...
This CM said she heard it from her Managers. So I would assume it is pretty accurate. Of course my Managers have been telling me the Land was getting new costumes for months now and I still have that ugly green polo...

Captain Hank

LOL Captain Hank...
This CM said she heard it from her Managers. So I would assume it is pretty accurate. Of course my Managers have been telling me the Land was getting new costumes for months now and I still have that ugly green polo...
Completely OT, but I used to complain about the Greenhouse team costumes being ugly...until I had to wear the Gateway Gifts/Camera Center costume. Now THAT is hideous. It looks like Bozo the clown threw up on a 1980s space cadet uniform. *shudder*

barkatozz

My thoughts exactly.

Captain Hank

Oh, I just couldn't resist.

brer_bear_edit.jpg

Disney_Freak429

Thanks for the update. Am I the only one who laughed at it being a "small" update than only having thumbnails of the images in the post lol. I'm in a bad pun kind of mood.

CJR

I have trouble believing they would take out Carousel of Progress. It's a classic. Although, they have surprised me before.

I get the feeling Imagineering/Management/Average Guests think every ride needs to be an E Ticket like attraction (HM, Soarin', Dinosaur), based a newer movie (Monsters Inc./Nemo/Pirates), or huge thrill (SM, TT, EE). While guests are running to Space Mountian or Laugh Floor, there needs to be something with a small wait time that people who don't like roller coasters or want to stand in a long line for a show (or ride like Buzz) can do. CoP is that something. I guess TTA is there too, but while TTA is good, CoP has a great story and in my opinion is an E Ticket. If WDW were still using the ticket system, I'd be willing to pay E Ticket price for the ride. I love it that much and one round in the ride, is probably equal to two or three rides on SM if Fast Pass is used (although it couldn't really be used three times in a row, but you probably get the point).

Oh yeah, I got so lost in my rant I for got to say, "Thanks for the update!!!" :)

mickeyman65

Good to Hear..

Thats good to hear about CoP...I was wondering if it was true or not. I was there on Jan 1 and talked to CM and he said they have been talking about closing it for 7 months now. He said it was seasonal and would never leave since it was Walts ride. Nice to hear someone else having the same news as I did...long live the CoP

TOTGuy

Original Poster
Thanks for the update. Am I the only one who laughed at it being a "small" update than only having thumbnails of the images in the post lol. I'm in a bad pun kind of mood.
LOL, I am still new to the whole photo update thing. If you click the photos then it will take you to the larger version.

captainkidd

I thought that same thing.:lol:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Last time I rode, there was a CM taking surveys of our experience. They're clearly looking at ways to either improve CoP or just give up on it.. Something's going on there.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Last time I rode, there was a CM taking surveys of our experience. They're clearly looking at ways to either improve CoP or just give up on it.. Something's going on there.

Yeah... they were surveying folks as they were exiting CoP, in the middle of December as well.

PKD

I like that your images were taken with an iPhone. Who needs a high end camera at WDW?!?! I'm just say'n :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom