Small Epcot pic update for 8-22

dixiegirl

This is just for fun...you don't like the wand but your avatar is of the pepto bismol castle. :lol: That's perfectly fine...I just thought it was funny considering how many more people hated the cake over the wand.

Oh no, I did love the wand...but it is a nice change to see it back to normal...

nelsonj3

Any pics or news from SSE today? Have they removed the stubble (the star connecting rods)?

Thanks to everyone who has posted a photo update since the beginning of this process. It is nice for those of us who are 900 miles (or more) away and cannot see the process in person!

Now if they can only get rid of those dreadful looking "legacy boulders" we'd be all set.....see how long that takes..I must admit , even I who was loving, yes I'll admit it, the wand, Spaceship Earth ..looks , well(yes its killing me)...great!!

They won't be going anywhere for probably at least another 1 - 2 years. If I remember correctly in the contract that participants signed, it said that Disney was contractually obligated to display them in that location for 10 years from the date they first went on sale. I believe they went on sale in early 1999, so that would put it somewhere during 2009 that they could be removed from that location.

What they should do IMO, is take the metal plates off the stone legacy monoliths, remove the monoliths and restore the plaza to the original view. Then take the metal plates and line the inside wall of Innoventions West's back hallway with them. That's the area where they always have the Flower and Garden vendors at and the Mickey's Christmas Carol's dioramas for the holidays. Disney keeps people happy by having them still in the parks, and they really aren't interfering with anything.

TomDisney

They won't be going anywhere for probably at least another 1 - 2 years. If I remember correctly in the contract that participants signed, it said that Disney was contractually obligated to display them in that location for 10 years from the date they first went on sale. I believe they went on sale in early 1999, so that would put it somewhere during 2009 that they could be removed from that location.

What they should do IMO, is take the metal plates off the stone legacy monoliths, remove the monoliths and restore the plaza to the original view. Then take the metal plates and line the inside wall of Innoventions West's back hallway with them. That's the area where they always have the Flower and Garden vendors at and the Mickey's Christmas Carol's dioramas for the holidays. Disney keeps people happy by having them still in the parks, and they really aren't interfering with anything.

Disney has to keep them in EPCOT for 20 years, however, they are allowed to move them anywhere in the park so they can take down the tombstones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom