Smackin' Possum on BTMRR

Brian_B

I'm going to have to be a fun-nazi too on this one. It's a slippery slope; if it doesn't stop at the possum, where does it stop? It's not like people will just stop doing things like this (been happening literally since Disneyland opened), but it's the worst. I'd expect more from actual Disney fans. Case in point: As you exit Oz in the Great Movie Ride to go into the finale theatre, on the ride hand side (across from dorothy, tinman, lion, etc) there is a little knoll with trees - the "forest" from the movie. On top of this knoll was grass, and some person at one point decided it'd be a great idea to tear the grass (which is embedded on a mat-like sheet which is glued to the knoll) off. It was hanging there until someone decided to tear it off completely. Now it's gone, and as a result that portion of the scene looks terrible. So I don't really think highly of people who don't respect the hard work put in to WDW. Just because you paid to get in doesn't give you license to destroy the joint. I know smacking the possum - which is actually spelt "opossum" btw - isn't necessarily destructive, but it could lead to worse things.

- Brian

SleepingMonk

I agree, it all starts with innocent possum smacking and then progresses to Goofy spanking and before you know it you're into full-fledged Figment flogging!

I've seen it a thousand times.

krankenstein

I never thought about it until this past July 4th. I was towards the back of the train with my hands up. As we went down the hill under the possum I got major air time for some reason which caused me to hit him with my hands. I saw him swinging as we went up the next lift hill. It seemed to me that it was meant to be done b/c he was soft and he moved when I hit him. I even asked a CM at the load platform she said that is what he was for like it wasn't a major deal. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom