SLOW :) Sunday pics...castle, etc...

Lennyg512

Great pictures!!! I love the way that Cinderella Castle is coming along.
Though it's a shame. Looks like the character statues around the hub will not be returning.

imagineersrock

MicBat said:
Am I the only one that finds Sebastian, Flounder, Simba, Timon/Pumba, and the White Rabbit to be completely obsurd! They're standing on the roofs of the castle!! Kaa... He fits. Victor, Laverne, and Hugo... They all fit. It's just the characters balancing on the roofs like they are. Doesn't make any sense to me! Anyone else see this?!

I completely agree, I mentioned this the other day when they first put Flounder and Sebastian up. Not just the fact that they are on the roof pieces, but I felt Flounder was somewhat oversized in relation to the other characters already up.

DisneyMemories

It's looking ok to me,but l still can't figure out why they chose certain antimated classics to be gold statues on the castle. Some look good ,others l would have not choosen ("snakes,why did it have to be snakes...l hate snakes" Indiana Jones) . They choose them because they are the not popular anymore, Still would have loved to see Mickey,Minnie,Donald,Goofy,Pluto,Daisy,Jiminy Cricket,etc.

basas

One of the nice things though is that some of the characters up-top the castle are characters that are barely seen anymore or under-represented in the parks. I mean, Mickey and the gang are everywhere. Still, an interesting mix now that the Lion King and Little Mermaid characters are up there.

Irrawaddy Erik

Figment1986 said:
Those were the worst photos ever.. J/K... They were terriffic.. Great... (you took the AO pics ar night or was it that cloudy??)

Nice aditions.. and great looks. .(I love how their is a old & a new phone on the pannel..)
One is an intercom phone and the other is a regular phone. We had the same on Small World.

DisKid

Great pics!
MicBat said:
Secondly, I wanted to say... Am I the only one that finds Sebastian, Flounder, Simba, Timon/Pumba, and the White Rabbit to be completely obsurd! They're standing on the roofs of the castle!! Kaa... He fits. Victor, Laverne, and Hugo... They all fit. It's just the characters balancing on the roofs like they are. Doesn't make any sense to me! Anyone else see this?!

I definitly agree!!! I think the castle is looking good, but...the way they are on there is just...strange. Why couldn't they have Flounder and Sebastian in the waters down below? after all they said you would have different looks from different angles, so when you go into Adventureland, you would be able to see them. Instead, if they are going to have characters on the castle they could at least chose fitting ones...like the ferries from Sleeping Beauty, the GENIE for sure (how could he get left out?) If they wanted Lion King in there they could have done Zazu. At least these characters fly...heck they could even do the Aristocats, because cats can climb!!!

Interesting.

Brooke

Hmmm...I'm not really liking the castle. It looked pretty good before but now I'm not so sure. I agree with whomever said it was weird for the characters to be balancing on the roof of the castle like that. And the character selection is a little bit odd.

stitchcastle

I like how the characters chosen were some of the lesser represented characters in the parks. I actually expected to have MAJOR characters there kind of like the opening for "The Wonderful World of Disney" where main characters are all over Cinderella castle. Zazu should have been there and Flounder should have been left out. SImba, Timon and Pumbaa don't feel like they fit in. The 3 Fairies also should have been there. Abu would have been great (The Genie just seems too big) and where is Lumiere and Cogsworth?

I could do away with the screen and characters but the swirly things on the spire and the trimmings should be permanent. I watched a WDW commercial today and saw an old version of the castle and it just feels so naked and dull without all the gold decorations. Of all the park icon modifications WDW has done this is the only one that deserves to be permanent. (It would also give it even more identity from the Tokyo version)

General Grizz

I agree with a lot of the posts here in that the characters look cool close up, but the castle (at least from the photos) doesn't look that good from a distance. Almost kinda messy.

Again, final judgement when I see it in person one of these days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom