News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

britain

Is it the female pronouns? Or that it’s anthropomorphised at all and you’d dislike it if it were called a “he” too?

Figments Friend

She mentioned adding pixie dust... so some sort of glitter paint or something lightly added?

The paint on the Castle had fine grain glitter 'pixie dust' mixed into the paint some years ago.

I remember back in 2015 or so spending some time in Fantasyland photographing close ups of the paint job on the Castle, much to the confusion of passers by.
I found the subtle multi-colored spotted paint 'splatters' and the added glitter unusual and unique so made it a point to take some pictures.
-

Phroobar

Yeah, that's what I meant. I mean 50 pounds on the Incredicoaster, could we dare to dream they'd add 50+ pounds to the castle?

Let her Rip.
EnragedGenuineDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

Nland316

Exactly the type of refresh the castle needs. While this is a small detail, I hope they manage to also paint the new castle brick color on those bricks found in Fantasyland.. Specifically the rooftops of the dark rides and around Fantasy Faire.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Those brick colors look like something out of Minecraft.

I was thinking that too. They do the paint in stages. A primer coat (like what you're seeing on the back side and to the left of the turret next to the wishing well), then the color foundation (what looks like the Minecraft bricks), then a tinted clearcoat that will mute and unify the colors a bit more.

That's one reason why they put up scrims, so people like us don't jump to conclusions before the work is done. Like the gaps in the ST:GE rock work. ;)

I'm kinda liking the lighter grey tones. Should brighten up the castle and make projections easier to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom