News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

TROR

Cosmetic changes like this are usually my favorite kind. Rarely are they abominations and even when they are they're usually easy to ignore. Obviously it'd be hard to ignore an abomination on Sleeping Beauty Castle (like painting it green and yellow), but I don't think the new color scheme looks bad; just different.

VJ

Cosmetic changes like this are usually my favorite kind. Rarely are they abominations and even when they are they're usually easy to ignore. Obviously it'd be hard to ignore an abomination on Sleeping Beauty Castle (like painting it green and yellow), but I don't think the new color scheme looks bad; just different.
i read "abomination on" as "abomination like" and i was about to go for your throat

Phroobar

Captain-Gantu-Calls-Stitch-Abomination-Stitch-Retaliates-With-Stupidhead-In-Disneys-Lilo-and-Stitch_408x408.jpg

TROR

i read "abomination on" as "abomination like" and i was about to go for your throat
Sleeping Beauty Castle is the second greatest castle ever built following only Neuschwanstein Castle on which it is inspired and followed only by Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant

nevol

She mentioned adding pixie dust... so some sort of glitter paint or something lightly added?
Disneyland Paris' castle has these hypnotic strobes that twinkle all day long. Seriously hypnotizing.

Edit: With project stardust, disney has acknowledged that the new painting techniques will enhance forced perspective and make the castle appear taller. Perhaps this is the "pixie dust" she's referring to, in the same way they say things like "pardon our pixie dust..." on construction walls, and her statement isn't necessarily something to take literally?

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

You aren't missing anything. From the back half of the hub and beyond, the view is exactly the same. Those walls are only the height of people. It is only if you stand right next to the wall that you can't see over it.

that will change, scaffolding will be blocking the castle soon and a large mural will be placed in front of it

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom