Skyway's return?

disnyfan89

Original Poster
So I was at MK Friday with a friend. While on the TTA we started talking about the skyway. My friend said she was recently talking to an Imagineer and the Imagineer said they where thinking about returning the Skyway. During this I was of course thinking "ya right! Im sure they are. Not!" But then we came out of Space Mountain and I looked over at the skyway building and there was an open door. Inside the lights where on and you could clearly see the buckets. Then later on we where walking in Fantasyland and there in the cottage the lights where on and a bucket was also out! I didn't have my camra on me at the time so I have no pics. Has anyone else heard anything?

disnyfan89

Original Poster
Ya I didn't belive her that much but her dad is high in the company and what made stop to think was the fact there was work going on in both skyway stations. Non the less Im not lookin to much into this, I was just seeing if anyone has heard anything as well.

CSUFSteve

I know this thread is about MK, but at DL, we kept the buckets lying around forever in the Tomorrowland Station simply b/c we had nowhere else to put them. They literally sat there for years. I'm not sure if they're there anymore, but it's used as storage for other stuff too and periodically ppl get all excited when they see any Blues back there. By now, a good chunk of the Skyway buckets have either been sold, fallen into disrepair, or destroyed. Haha, not to mention the fact that the Matterhorn has pretty well been sealed up :-(

Tim G

disnyfan89 said:
So I was at MK Friday with a friend. While on the TTA we started talking about the skyway. My friend said she was recently talking to an Imagineer and the Imagineer said they where thinking about returning the Skyway. During this I was of course thinking "ya right! Im sure they are. Not!" But then we came out of Space Mountain and I looked over at the skyway building and there was an open door. Inside the lights where on and you could clearly see the buckets. Then later on we where walking in Fantasyland and there in the cottage the lights where on and a bucket was also out! I didn't have my camra on me at the time so I have no pics. Has anyone else heard anything?
Won't happen... :lookaroun :D

SIR90210

GarryandLindy said:
Where would they put the strollers?

Same places they put them before the ride closed...ontop of one another. (I'd post a picture, but i think we lost that roll of film.) I'm going to have to go with Lee, however, and say that I don't think it'll happen within our lifetimes.

SOLISIMO

Um, what is no:hammer: With the way that some of todays kids are, the skyway is the last thing you'll see. Actually I dont mean kids more like teens:)

RonAnnArbor

Besides the fact that they are not coming back (they've been discussing alternate uses for the skyway buildings for ages) what use would it serve? The skyway basically went from nowhere to nowhere. It's a 5 minute walk between the two stations. That entire ski-lift gondola technology is outdated - they are even trying to find ways to get rid of them at ski resorts. Plus, where would you park the strollers? (sorry, couldn't resist)

Tim G

SOLISIMO said:
Um, what is no:hammer: With the way that some of todays kids are, the skyway is the last thing you'll see. Actually I dont mean kids more like teens:)
What the heck are you talking about... :confused: :veryconfu

RonAnnArbor

I understood that one completely - it's the same reason that one of the skyway rides at Cedar Point and Kings Island among many other parks were removed - among other things that teens these days would "do" include:

-Swinging the cars dangerously back and forth
-Spitting on the people below, or at passing gondolas
- THrowing things out of the skyway cars.
-and more than you can imagine.

I was working at Cedar Point when they took out the first set of skyway -- we couldn't have been happier to be rid of that, and 25 years later nobody misses it.

typhoonguy

Skyway

is Cedar Point removing their skyway? I'm confused. I rode it in 2004, but you said it's removed? Was there a second one that was taken out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom