Skyway News

Tom

Beta Return
Maybe I'm being a little redundant here, but what about the obvious thing they should do......

LIke maybe open the original SKYWAY again???

Well, they just destroyed the Tomorrowland Skyway Station and made it a 1-story restroom building, so that pretty much rules out having a station there.

Besides, they took it out for a number of good reasons, including, but not limited to: safety, mischief, maintenance and ruining the magic.

It was pretty cool while it lasted, but it really did ruin the magic since you basically saw a bunch of rooftops and backstage areas instead of the real magic.

It won't be back, and it shouldn't.

Jerm

OK really REALLY????? Why are we still posting and talking about something that was started in 2001!!!!!! Next are we going to start bringing back hat or arm threads and going on about those? The skyway news is that it is gone and never to return and the same thing can be said about the Tomorrowland station!!!:brick:

SeanC

Don't start a new a thread. Don't bump an old thread. Don't post a rumor unless you have three verifiable sources and pictures of construction. Don't suggest things other people think are stupid.

JeffH

Return of the skyway...what I think would be wonderful

Disney should build a new "skyway" around/through the new Fantasy area being built...
I think it would be practical, somewhat retro, and very thematic to install a new skyway around the new Fantasy/Princess land.
Instead of the old less-themeworthy skyway buckets, replace each with a beautiful (fake) colorful balloon.
The start and end would be at the same location (cheaper, more convenient, twice the capacity).
The tall suspension poles would provide high locations for area lighting.
The poles would be painted sky blues to hide them.
Wouldn't the new expansive Fantasyland be extra magical with beautiful balloons (albeit small) floating all about???
The new ride would also provide a wonderful view of the new area.
...and the new system could be designed to eliminate any dangers that fraught the old system.
With a little imagination, this could be so much better than the old buckets.

Clarification: These "balloons" would not be real hot-air balloons, they would just LOOK like small hot-air balloons with guests in the basket.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Disney should build a new "skyway" around/through the new Fantasy area being built...
I think it would be practical, somewhat retro, and very thematic to install a new skyway around the new Fantasy/Princess land.
Instead of the old less-themeworthy skyway buckets, replace each with a beautiful (fake) colorful balloon.
The start and end would be at the same location (cheaper, more convenient, twice the capacity).
The tall suspension poles would provide high locations for area lighting.
The poles would be painted sky blues to hide them.
Wouldn't the new expansive Fantasyland be extra magical with beautiful balloons (albeit small) floating all about???
The new ride would also provide a wonderful view of the new area.
...and the new system could be designed to eliminate any dangers that fraught the old system.
With a little imagination, this could be so much better than the old buckets.

Clarification: These "balloons" would not be real hot-air balloons, they would just LOOK like small hot-air balloons with guests in the basket.
What would keep the unruly/uncouth guests from spitting upon those on the ground? :hurl:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I heard they'll reopen it but don't want to rebuild Tomorrowland Station. So it's just going to be one way, with the buckets being dumped into a giant flaming pile of crashed skybuckets at the end.

I see the ending more like the end of the escalator to nowhere in the Simpsons monorail episode.

JLW11Hi

Don't start a new a thread. Don't bump an old thread. Don't post a rumor unless you have three verifiable sources and pictures of construction. Don't suggest things other people think are stupid.

I had to laugh at your post, because its very true. :)

Here's a possible solution, though. If you want to add something new to a thread conversation had a long time ago, start a new thread, but then link to the old thread you are referencing. That way, people can read information that has already been posted on the subject, but still continue the conversation without confusing people. yea? nay?

Scarlette

Maybe we could keep this going and set a New world record or something. Besides we are now talking about lasers and poison apples.:shrug: why not

Tom

Beta Return

You just shut down the entire forum.

Tom

Beta Return
Did anyone see that they're going to tear down Horizons and replace it with some "spaceship ride"??????!?!?!?!?!?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom