Skyway Building?

Spectroman17

Original Poster
This is a very good question, if you can answer it for it would be great. What are they gonna do with old Skyway building in Fantasyland, and the one in Tommorrowland? I've been wondering about this for years, because they can't tear it down or anything.:veryconfu

-Spectroman17-

__Dream,Dream,Dream____

Tapestry of Dreams

meeko_33785

Right now the Fantasyland one is a character greeting location. I saw Dopey there when I was there last weeek. It's a beautiful area so at least they're doing something with it.

Irrawaddy Erik

I know for a while the CMs in Fantasyland were trying to get the main building made into a break room b/c the only break are for fantasyland is behind pooh and It can take a while to get there from pan or small world.

sigsegv

I hope they don't. It's a very nice looking building.

-sig

Attachments

• fl_skyway.jpg
    fl_skyway.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 317

SirNim

THey should make it into a nice queue for a new Mountain attraction or turn it into an upscale 5-star Victoria and Albert's quality European resturant...

Irrawaddy Erik

One safty and two it was a very phisical attraction for that cast that worked it ..........i know quite a few and they still have prolems caused by working that attraction

and about turning it to cast break area...the building would have stayed the same but the old launching door would have been walled or glassed in (like the speedway breakroom above the load area .....

WDWFanatic

From what I had heard, I thought Carnation was going to make it a resturant. That was a year or two ago. I like nice sit down resturants. I wish there were more.

jmarc63

Tommrowland Skyway Station

If I remember my rumors correctly. After they permantly close CoP, The rumors I have heard is that Cop and the old Skyway Station would be raized to make way for a new attraction in that section of Tommrowland. I belive it was in connection with the rumor about a new version of the Flying Saucers that were originally in Tommrowland at DL in the 60s.

Irrawaddy Erik

Re: Skyway building

Originally posted by disneyfan2163
Just my two cents but since the Fantasyland Skyway building has a swiss theme; a Matterhorn would fit in real well there!!

As much as i would love to see that you could never fit a Matterhorn there b/c right behind the Skyway building is the Mansion Show Building

Figment1986

Re: Re: Skyway building

Originally posted by hmppan
As much as i would love to see that you could never fit a Matterhorn there b/c right behind the Skyway building is the Mansion Show Building
hence the reason that building was never raised when it became usless. they dont want people to see the mansion show buildig.

castlecake2.0

Originally posted by Spectroman17
This is a very good question, if you can answer it for it would be great. What are they gonna do with old Skyway building in Fantasyland, and the one in Tommorrowland? I've been wondering about this for years, because they can't tear it down or anything.:veryconfu

-Spectroman17-

Didnt you hear? The old skyway station in Fantasy Land is going to house Mr. Toads Wild Ride when it re-opens:D

jmarc63

Re: Re: Skyway building

Accually, the show building behind the old Fantasyland Skyway chalet is IASW. The HM show building is on the other side of the access alley from IASW. and there is no room to install anything new unless you remove something else. and everything In that little section had been refurbed or instaled in the last few years

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Spectroman17
This is a very good question, if you can answer it for it would be great. What are they gonna do with old Skyway building in Fantasyland, and the one in Tommorrowland? I've been wondering about this for years, because they can't tear it down or anything.

-Spectroman17-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didnt you hear? The old skyway station in Fantasy Land is going to house Mr. Toads Wild Ride when it re-opens

I think we have a trool in our midsts

Irrawaddy Erik

Re: Re: Re: Skyway building

Originally posted by jmarc63
Accually, the show building behind the old Fantasyland Skyway chalet is IASW. The HM show building is on the other side of the access alley from IASW. and there is no room to install anything new unless you remove something else. and everything In that little section had been refurbed or instaled in the last few years

not to split hairs the skyway building is on the left side of the ally with the hm show building and the small world show building is on the right side. The door that is between Small World and the skyway is the end of that ally....... It's not directly behind but its close enought .......I pretty much pass right there everytime i work in fantasyland

Irrawaddy Erik

Found a picture this might be easier.....

Orange is the HM show building
Pink is the IASW show building
and the blue dot is covering the skyway building

jmarc63

Ok, My mistake . I only have Terraserver and from what I remembered, I thought the skyway building was further east of the location on the other side of IASW.

I usually check my facts thourly but in this case you got me.

and if the were to raize the Fantasyland Skyway building, this id disney, they have a way to conceal the show buildings behind. If nothing else, they can put a false facade on with a swiss theme

jmarc63

Ok, My mistake . I only have Terraserver and from what I remembered, I thought the skyway building was further east of the location on the other side of IASW.

I usually check my facts thourly but in this case you got me.

and if the were to raize the Fantasyland Skyway building, this id disney, they have a way to conceal the show buildings behind. If nothing else, they can put a false facade on with a swiss theme But I think there are enough trees in the premitier to conceal HM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom