Sky liner, great idea but ...

winstongator

I’m all for anything that lessens automobile traffic, buses in general, and I mean, I’ve said before I’d rather ride a tricycle in pouring rain than take a bus back to Saratoga ever again
It won’t reduce the buses by that much, but hopefully eliminates all the cars coming from those hotels. There are about 7000 rooms being serviced. Say 1000 each to studios and Epcot. Say half of those people drive. That’s 500 cars off the roads, not in the park parking lot. That’s 4 of the longest rows in the parking lot of DHS.

People will choose the gondolas because they are right there all the time. People don’t like waiting for buses. Reducing bus wait times significantly is difficult and expensive.

Trackmaster

Since they are not actively being used for transportation, their utility has yet to be determined so you can't objectively ascertain if they serve a beneficial purpose that exceeds or falls short of your esthetic judgement.

Exactly.

In my opinion, cars driving around road whizzing by really fast, putting exhaust in the air, and splashing you on rainy days is the ugliest thing imaginable. But Disney allows them into their parking lot, as it usually beats walking for miles. So we'll see how the gondolas do, as they may cut down on vehicular congestion.

KBLovedDisney

dsc7690*750xx5248-2952-0-347.jpg

This is the gigantic lipstick/lighter looking building that never was finished on I-4.

Incomudro

I only find them to be an eyesore along that stretch of beach in Caribbean Beach, and even in that case - only if you are on that side.
I think they look great at Hollywood Studios, and quite nice coming into World Showcase.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In before the merge...
Does anyone know if the Skyliner's towers will be painted and if so, what color?
(I'll admit I haven't been following that thread)

There are ones near International Gateway that were painted green before installation which leads us to believe that they will not paint any of the other ones.

trainplane3

What is this supposed to be?
I mean, its a building, who's building, what was the plan around it, etc..?
Exactly.

I'm not joking. Just google "I4 eyesore" and start reading all of the articles about it. The project has been a mess for a long time and only last year did it finally seem like it's going to actually be finished.

Janir

Exactly.

I'm not joking. Just google "I4 eyesore" and start reading all of the articles about it. The project has been a mess for a long time and only last year did it finally seem like it's going to actually be finished.
Some self funded church project... going on since 2001. The parishioners might need to come up with more than tithing to get that monstrosity built.

BoarderPhreak

The towers are galvanized and won't be painted. For one, you can't paint galvanized metal until it's nice and oxidized or the paint won't stick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom