Sky liner, great idea but ...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Since they are not actively being used for transportation, their utility has yet to be determined so you can't objectively ascertain if they serve a beneficial purpose that exceeds or falls short of your esthetic judgement.

TongaToast21

I'm all for them and think the SL is a welcome addition, dont get me wrong.. and truthfully doesn't really affect me since I usually don't stay at the Skyliner Resorts. I was just hoping they'd be incorporated with the resorts a little bit better, but I guess it makes sense for them to be galvanized for a longer shelf life

DisneyJoe

From what I have seen, the eye is drawn to the cars being whisked along at a decent clip, you almost don't notice the poles. Once the covers are off and you see either a plain colored cab or the decorative characters, I bet you would even be less likely to see the poles.

If I look at the monorail supports/beams and how dirty they are at times and in some places, they can be an eye sore too.

JIMINYCR

As long as they can efficiently transport a large number of guests around property, alleviate some of the transportation problems, and have no major breakdowns, they wont distract my view of WDW or cause me to experience them as an eyesore. I plan on taking a ride on them at times.

Raineman

I'm sure the Skyliner will be much less of an eyesore than the Skyway was at MK back in the day. Call me crazy, but tall metal poles with cables and buckets hanging off of them did not really blend in with the "medieval faire" theming of Fantasyland (or the futuristic theming of Tomorrowland, TBH).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom