Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

lazyboy97o

I think the faux 3D stuff sounds great. Instead of everyone having to wear glasses, invent a kind of multiplane camera effect of having different shaped screens at different depths, mixed with real props and set pieces, to create the illusion of a 3D world.
Yeah, this sounds like a true successor to the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

Disneyhead'71

So, this thing is going to have a 34" height requirement?

That's what, 3 years old?

Hmmm,....hahmmm.....hahahahaha!

OK, take a look again at those 2 peices of concept art, and think about your average 3 year old Disney Princess.

WireAP_a8f65b6771d94df78175b731cb603af0_16x9_992.jpg

ewrewrewr3545345443.jpg

throw in a few AAs of these:

batkk.jpg

A couple of these:

scary-scenes-bugs.jpg

And one of these:

kong.jpg

I believe that this may be the most definitive "Universal" attraction ever made.

Mike S

Original Poster
So, this thing is going to have a 34" height requirement?

That's what, 3 years old?

Hmmm,....hahmmm.....hahahahaha!

OK, take a look again at those 2 peices of concept art, and think about your average 3 year old Disney Princess.

WireAP_a8f65b6771d94df78175b731cb603af0_16x9_992.jpg

ewrewrewr3545345443.jpg

throw in a few AAs of these:

batkk.jpg

A couple of these:

scary-scenes-bugs.jpg

And one of these:

kong.jpg

I believe that this may be the most definitive "Universal" attraction ever made.
I remember reading one comment on Orlando United that I think was from you about how they should use the first 50 seconds of the score from the movie in the beginning of the ride and looking at the concept art of the truck approaching the gate it would fit so well with the gate opening to the big fanfare.

Chills.............

Disneyhead'71

I remember reading one comment on Orlando United that I think was from you about how they should use the first 50 seconds of the score from the movie in the beginning of the ride and looking at the concept art of the truck approaching the gate it would fit so well with the gate opening to the big fanfare.

Chills.............

I remember the comment. It wasn't from me, but I do agree. This is going to be an epic attraction. I am hoping the first time I ride it is at night.

Last edited:

JordanNite

Anyone think it might just be a more elaborate version of Hollywood?

The jeep takes you around some landscape, but ultimately the ride portion is the 3D segmant you see over in Hollywood - with probably a surprise animatronic at the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom