Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

Ginzuishou

So it will be a truck ride through the attraction? hmmmmmm..... doesn't seem too appealing to be jammed into a "tram" while trying to enjoy it. BUT, could be awesome, who knows. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

celluloid

Indeed it is all in how it is done (as with anything)
Being a truck can provide an awesome set of ride vehicle elements. For example, the Scoop in Spiderman, Doombuggies, in The Haunted Mansion as well as others use elements to their advantage and chose them for specific purpose.
It does not have to feel crammed either. The same ways Jaws Boats held many people so will the "jeeps"

Mike S

Original Poster
How good does all this look? Freakin' amazing, that's what! I CANNOT wait. The Pete Jackson version of the film was immense and wholly immersive. This is going tofeel like a superb experience.

LotR land next?
I think Universal should save that (if they can get it) for their third park.

JoeCamel

LoTR is the holy grail and seeing it brought to a park is what we all want but the negotiations are complex. I am happy the big monkey will be back and this looks amazing. I know I will be there at soft and grand openings, Universal has proven what they can do with Diagon Alley and to a lesser degree Hogsmeade so they have to jump over their own bar to get Kong open.

Mike S

Original Poster
Thank you for the photos and information :)

Will it be a roller coaster or something with drops?
No it won't. This is what you'll be riding in.
image.jpg

Bairstow

No it won't. This is what you'll be riding in.
View attachment 92982

Well that's not what I was expecting the ride vehicles to look like, at all.
Electric equivalents of Animal Kingdom safari vehicles?
This seems to indicate that they would load on the outside of the main show building and then travel into it as the ride begins. I can't say I saw that coming.

Mike S

Original Poster
Well that's not what I was expecting the ride vehicles to look like, at all.
Electric equivalents of Animal Kingdom safari vehicles?
This seems to indicate that they would load on the outside of the main show building and then travel into it as the ride begins. I can't say I saw that coming.
Those were actually the rumors for quite a while on Orlando United. Load will actually be indoors then you will go outside. Apparently there will also be a bypass in case it's raining where the vehicles won't go outside.

Bairstow

Those were actually the rumors for quite a while on Orlando United. Load will actually be indoors then you will go outside. Apparently there will also be a bypass in case it's raining where the vehicles won't go outside.

Well that's kind of disappointing.
I would think it's supposed to be pouring down rain as the vehicles enter those gates.
With their being covered, I would think that would be something they could handle.
To my way of thinking, having the vehicles load from a second structure not unlike the Safaris or Jungle Cruise, and only then enter the main building, so that guests never actually set foot in the main structure would maintain a deep aura of danger and mystery about it.

GLaDOS

Well that's kind of disappointing.
I would think it's supposed to be pouring down rain as the vehicles enter those gates.
With their being covered, I would think that would be something they could handle.
To my way of thinking, having the vehicles load from a second structure not unlike the Safaris or Jungle Cruise, and only then enter the main building, so that guests never actually set foot in the main structure would maintain a deep aura of danger and mystery about it.

I think the cars will stay inside during lightning/heavy rain, not any rain, but don't quote me on that.

As for the temple, you won't really know you're going into the main building because you'll be underground/inside when you do so.

Alexis

So, this thing is going to have a 34" height requirement?

That's what, 3 years old?

Hmmm,....hahmmm.....hahahahaha!

OK, take a look again at those 2 peices of concept art, and think about your average 3 year old Disney Princess.

WireAP_a8f65b6771d94df78175b731cb603af0_16x9_992.jpg

ewrewrewr3545345443.jpg

throw in a few AAs of these:

batkk.jpg

A couple of these:

scary-scenes-bugs.jpg

And one of these:

kong.jpg

I believe that this may be the most definitive "Universal" attraction ever made.
I'm 21 and i'm scared! haha! Imagine a 3 year old....

Last edited:

Alexis

So it's kind of like Jaws ride, but we're not on boats. We would be on those trucks...
Interested to see how they plan to make it flow..

Ginzuishou

I would have preferred the ride vehicle to be like Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom.......... oh well...... will have to see finished product of course ;)

RobUK

LoTR is the holy grail and seeing it brought to a park is what we all want but the negotiations are complex. I am happy the big monkey will be back and this looks amazing. I know I will be there at soft and grand openings, Universal has proven what they can do with Diagon Alley and to a lesser degree Hogsmeade so they have to jump over their own bar to get Kong open.

What's the deal with the negotiations? Has this been something ongoing for a while?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom