Skipping A Year...or Two..

No Name

I think, with the new AK nighttime stuff and "new" Epcot rides, there is good reason to go. Late summer or early fall seems like an ideal time. Of course it all varies person to person.

Also, as others have said, this is also not news, rumors, or current events and therefore does not belong in this section (or it belongs in the other price increase threads). And I don't like the intention either, it sounds like you're just looking to get others to rehash their complaints about long-running issues. With that said, I'm out, zeeyah.

tnemgif

I'm on a bus riding back from DHS. We were so disengaged at the park that we wanted to leave hours ago (but had to stay for an ADR). That said, I had fun, but I feel like they are just letting things slide there until the new attractions open up.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We skipped it this year we were in Orlando for a week and didn't do Disney at all. Currently my husband and I have agreed to skip WDW until after Avatar opens but we are not skipping Disney totally. My daughter and I went to Disneyland a few weeks ago.

DrummerAlly

Now that we have young children, we're going every 2,3 or 4 years instead of once or twice a year like we used to. Kids ruin Disney World.

Seriously - what used to be a $1k trip for two (okay, my acronym got starred out - Double Income No Children) is now a $4k trip for us, our kids, and my mom (necessary for us to maintain sanity with the kids). I rack up about $1k in Disney Dollars every 3 years on my Disney visa which makes the week long trip seem like a decent value for the 5 of us.

We'll do national parks, Santa's Village and Story Land the other 2 or 3 years. When the kids are "too old" for Disney World, we'll leave them at home and start going again regularly.

WDWFREAK53

I normally went multiple times a year and I'm heading back down next month after taking 3 years off. I probably won't go back until after Pandora opens.

Andy Whitfield

Now that we have young children, we're going every 2,3 or 4 years instead of once or twice a year like we used to. Kids ruin Disney World.

Seriously - what used to be a $1k trip for two ***** (okay, my acronym got starred out - Double Income No Children) is now a $4k trip for us, our kids, and my mom (necessary for us to maintain sanity with the kids). I rack up about $1k in Disney Dollars every 3 years on my Disney visa which makes the week long trip seem like a decent value for the 5 of us.

We'll do national parks, Santa's Village and Story Land the other 2 or 3 years. When the kids are "too old" for Disney World, we'll leave them at home and start going again regularly.

Why not try abroad?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I think, with the new AK nighttime stuff and "new" Epcot rides, there is good reason to go. Late summer or early fall seems like an ideal time. Of course it all varies person to person.

Also, as others have said, this is also not news, rumors, or current events and therefore does not belong in this section (or it belongs in the other price increase threads). And I don't like the intention either, it sounds like you're just looking to get others to rehash their complaints about long-running issues. With that said, I'm out, zeeyah.
My intention was to just post my reaction to a news story...thus why I put it in news. The ticket prices I knew about but the drinks was new for me. If you read my posts in the past I don't like to be overly negative. I just feel they are going a bit far, and raising prices while taking way longer to build than Universal does seems wrong. If I put this in wrong section I apologize an hope it goes to right spot
Move this thread

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom