Skipping A Year...or Two..

Disorbust

First time in 18 years we are not going. The whole increased prices put an end to to it for us. I am not going to bail TDC out of their Shanghai fiasco, someone else can pay for it.

Trying USO for the second time ever.

There is something completely wrong ,that as previously posted a family,with kids can't afford WDW and will wait to go without their kids.

Walt is rotating right now.

MUTZIE77

I went to WDW for 10 day yearly trips from 2005 to 2011 staying on property and eventually bought into DVC. I then realized the quality declining yearly while prices climbed yearly with no new attractions on the horizon. I haven't been to AK or DHS since 2011 Epcot since 2012, and I spent a day at MK in 2012 and 2014 before going on a Disney Cruise. In 2013 and 2015 I made trips out to Anaheim and had a blast. I unloaded my DVC points last year. I'll be making a trip in September for three days at MK, Epcot, and AK before another cruise. After that I won't be back until after DHS is finished and if ToT gets rethemed I may never go back, but I will be going back to DLR for sure.

ThemeParkJunkee

Did DIS ever consider the "aging out of WDW" into their long term projections for return visitors? I often wonder since I did the WDW trip when the kids were 10 and 11 and our next vacation was US/IOA only as they had aged into the height requirements for the coasters there. They preferred US/IOA because they are thrill ride fans and don't fit the mold of Disney raised children However, this was before Potter and now they are envious of my trips since Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. I send them pictures. That doesn't help. Wish I could afford to take them along but they are adults and make more money than me now.

jensenrick

Anyone else just kinda not feeling the love and skipping a year or more? I can't see going when they are doing so many upgrades but increasingly prices on so many things, reading tbe below like really soured me further. It will be our first missed year in a while.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...gn=article&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=yahoo-2

For several years now, our family has alternated- one year we get Disney APs, the next year, we do something else. (usually UOAP) As disappointing as some recent changes at WDW have been, I find that a year off makes the heart grow fonder (and more forgetful)

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
For several years now, our family has alternated- one year we get Disney APs, the next year, we do something else. (usually UOAP) As disappointing as some recent changes at WDW have been, I find that a year off makes the heart grow fonder (and more forgetful)
I know we will be back, and heck the hotels and service are still great.
But raising prices like this is alin to your favorite sports team telling it's fans that they are going to trade away some veteran players and rebuild the team for a few years, all while jacking up the ticket prices....and I know all about rebuilding I'm a Sixers fan

DisneyFans4Life

I tend to enjoy reading threads like this nowadays. So much negativity on this board, but it's all good...just means less people in the parks.

Though I will say I think Disney may be hearing grumblings from folks because I got a satisfaction survey yesterday to complete and it asked questions about value of the AP, if we enjoy the parks, etc.

glvsav37

nope...going every year. My kids are young and in Princess and Pirate mode for only so long. I can overlook the negatives as long as they are enjoying it.

Not being a disney apologist, but as long as i'm having fun with them, then its worth it to us. Once they are a little older, we will consider skipping a year or so and going other places.

bethymouse

Went 4 times last. Going 4 times this. My family enjoys it so do I. Have never had a bad trip.
We have never had a bad trip either, but I can understand those folks who are "waiting". I said I'd wait until 2017 when Avatarland will open ( maybe), But, I just couldn't wait. Overall, it's the best vacation IMHO. Even with things closed, not open yet, etc... we still enjoy the "no fuss" atmosphere. Even if we go to Myrtle Beach, or anywhere else, we still end up spending $$$$. Those places and hotels/motels aren't exactly cheap anymore, and those places are also "going down hill" so to speak as well IMHO. I'd have to wait until past 2020 until Disney has Pixarland/Star Wars Land completed!:eek: To each his own.;)

bethymouse

I know we will be back, and heck the hotels and service are still great.
But raising prices like this is alin to your favorite sports team telling it's fans that they are going to trade away some veteran players and rebuild the team for a few years, all while jacking up the ticket prices....and I know all about rebuilding I'm a Sixers fan
Well... major league baseball hasn't been the same since the strike. It seems less and less fans pack the stands!:arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom