Six Flags sells 7 of its parks.....

Mecha Figment

Six Flags over Georgia has probably been one of the best themed six flags in a while. It's one of the originals. It has always had themed lands. although recently they kind of craped over that when they put supermans ultimate flight in the USA area which is all patriotic. But then again hs is red and blue. and not an exhilerating coaster but cool to look at the ground.

Haven't had a chance to ride Goliath yet which towers over the park the parking lot and another preexisting rolar coaster.

the-reason14

For what it worth, which isnt much, Sux flags, opps, I mean Six Flags were good for one thing, and that was the roller coasters. Everything else from entertainment to service severely lacked, not only comparable to disney but to alot of other cheap tacky places.

polarboi

I think Disney should buy Six Flags. That way, the very second the sale becomes final, members on these boards will suddenly think everything Six Flags does is flawless and wonderfully themed. :lol: :lol:

Clearly you haven't been reading the Laugh Floor threads. ;)

-p.b. :cool:

rdour@techminds

When I was a teen, I worked at Six Flags Great America. I always looked forward to vacations to WDW :). I worked with some really shady people, and I had very little tolerance for that garbage. I received several service awards because I didn't f$$$ around and always went out of my way to help guests. I think working a job like that did efect how hard I work today. The irritation I have is that I know their hiring practice. They just ask if you're legally able to work, and then they give you a job. They don't filter at all, and that is a big problem.

If they are trying to help create a family atmosphere, they need to work on their hiring practices. WHen I go to WDW, I am very comfortable talking to cast members. I was waiting for a parade the last trip in December (2006). I spoke to two very nice college program CMs who were big fans of theme parks in general. It turns out they were from the midwest, so we had a great conversation about WDW and other parks with attractions we liked. Funny thing, I listened back to my binaural recording of this just now, and if I had put it side by side with conversations with friends, I couldn't have had a stranger tell the difference. That is the Disney difference. They hire people who are genuinely social, and WANT to be there. Six Flags hires anybody with a pulse, and they'll blow you off if they're having a long day.

I was always irritated when I would experience another staff member giving garbage directions just to get the guest to go away. I'd wait, and then when out of that staff members range, would go and give better directions. I would just quietly follow for a minute, and then help them out. I really can't stand people who don't get it. You are a flesh and blood representation of the park you work at, so you need to present well.

There is a point to my rambling. If you wonder why those parks have low value and sold for less than the cost of three EEs, it is because the most basic function of their parks is broken, the customer service.

Ryan

3fordisney

Six Flags over Georgia has probably been one of the best themed six flags in a while. It's one of the originals. It has always had themed lands. although recently they kind of craped over that when they put supermans ultimate flight in the USA area which is all patriotic. But then again hs is red and blue. and not an exhilerating coaster but cool to look at the ground.

Haven't had a chance to ride Goliath yet which towers over the park the parking lot and another preexisting rolar coaster.

We went to Six Flags over Georgia last June and don't ever plan to go back. My husband rode Goliath and loved it. He was in line to ride Superman, but they closed the ride due to weather and then the park. It started storming and as we headed out the workers screamed there was no tram to the parking lot and we had to walk. I mean walk in the pouring rain, lightning, thunder and a 4 year old. It was terrible. The rain was sooo hard, but Six Flags was not about to run the parking lot trams. It was terrible!

We also encountered a great deal of cursing by young teens, who were working there! It was unbelievable the amount of disrespect the workers there had for park guest. We are a little spoiled by WDW.

Best part of all!!! My husband was over by the Superman ride where the skee ball games, etc are and he heard someone over the loud speaker state: "Lady! Please put your PANTS back on!!!":eek: There was a woman walking around in her underwear, holding her pants! We don't plan on going back there anytime soon, if ever!! Its nothing like it use to be when I was younger. Its very sad and hopefully, they can get their act together.

BRER STITCH

Funny reading all this stuff about Six Flags....

Guess we're lucky because the one we have here outside of Buffalo is actually a pretty nice park! :sohappy:

Of course, it helps that it was nice place before they bought it, but they certainly added a lot of rides since they've had it! Great water park too!

Makes for a nice day trip many times over the summer...

:)

isitingood

How much would you pay for a turd? The parks are horrble, the adventureword park here in maryland was bought by them, called six flags america, and all they did was add a few rollercoasters. The park has no flow whatsoever. I went once after AOL sent me free tickets and i have not been back.

The only reason i went to magic mountain is because i wanted to see where the grizwalds took their vacation. Saw it and never went back.

Colassus was fun when you could ride it backwards. Most of the filming for Vacation was done at Santa Anita Park not Magic Mountain. The parking lot,entrance to the park and most of the inside was Santa Anita.

Fantasmic!329

How much would you pay for a turd? The parks are horrble, the adventureword park here in maryland was bought by them, called six flags america, and all they did was add a few rollercoasters. The park has no flow whatsoever. I went once after AOL sent me free tickets and i have not been back.

The only reason i went to magic mountain is because i wanted to see where the grizwalds took their vacation. Saw it and never went back.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That may have been the funniest thing all day. :lookaroun :lookaroun

Mecha Figment

We went to Six Flags over Georgia last June and don't ever plan to go back. My husband rode Goliath and loved it. He was in line to ride Superman, but they closed the ride due to weather and then the park. It started storming and as we headed out the workers screamed there was no tram to the parking lot and we had to walk. I mean walk in the pouring rain, lightning, thunder and a 4 year old. It was terrible. The rain was sooo hard, but Six Flags was not about to run the parking lot trams. It was terrible!

We also encountered a great deal of cursing by young teens, who were working there! It was unbelievable the amount of disrespect the workers there had for park guest. We are a little spoiled by WDW.

Best part of all!!! My husband was over by the Superman ride where the skee ball games, etc are and he heard someone over the loud speaker state: "Lady! Please put your PANTS back on!!!":eek: There was a woman walking around in her underwear, holding her pants! We don't plan on going back there anytime soon, if ever!! Its nothing like it use to be when I was younger. Its very sad and hopefully, they can get their act together.

Yeah six flags over georgia has really gone to crap. They've had some problems with gang violence. african american gangs, mexican ganges and korean. The are it is in is not very good. It use to be a really nice park. but like i said it attracts a very different class of citizen with no respect for others.

I can tell you why they were probably not running the tram. If it is raining at flash flood potention. the parking lot floods. it's right next to one of the major rivers and the parking lot has flooded. my brother once had to walk to his car with the water up to his knees. and once when a hurrican e came through. the entire park was flooded and the area around the base of the screem machine was flooded up to the loading dock.

Wilt Dasney

That's as good as anything I'd TRY to come up with if I wanted to make up a story about a bad day at a park! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dwarful

The one in our area isn't quite so bad. It just built into a really hilly area which means that if it starts to rain, you are trying to walk up or downhill with water rushing all around. The other problem is the lack of employees. I am guessing pay is not very good, its not super close to St.Louis so that high school kids would spend a good chunk of money in gasoline expenses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom