Sit-down restaurants closed before?

mharrington

Original Poster
The only thing that kinda fits your parameters is the ABC Soap Opera Bistro at DCA which closed to become Disney junior/playhouse Disney.

Hmm...

Actually, I bring this up because the Magic Kingdom in particular has no less than six table service places. They are:
  • Be Our Guest Restaurant
  • Cinderella's Royal Table
  • Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Plaza Restaurant
  • Skipper Canteen
  • Tony's Town Square Restaurant
I bring this up because does anyone know if the hours are all the same for all of them? Or are they all different?

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Confused what it is you're specifically looking for. Are you looking for a specific restaurant that closed that you can't find or are you looking for the hours of the restaurants? BOG and CRT are open for breakfast, lunch, & dinner; the rest you have listed are open for lunch and dinner only. You also have left off Crystal Palace. If you want the details for the specific restaurants, if you go to WDW website and look up each restaurant, you can find the dining hours.

NiarrNDisney

I meant "Have any table service restaurants closed before for whatever reason?"

I understand that. The answer is yes restaurants have closed to make way for an attraction Soundstage Restaurant and Catwalk Bar closed (acted as a TS for Character Breakfasts) to make way for Disney Jr Live, and Studio Catering Co. for Galaxy's Edge.
What I am miffed about is why you seem to be annoyed with the answers you were given. A few other members besides myself answered your question, some even giving other information like how a restaurant has acted as a TS and a CS (Diamond Horseshoe, Soundstage Restaurant) and you seem to be agitated by the replies. What I and maybe others are confused about is the question you posed in the post above (#22). I'm not quite sure what it is you want to know and how it relates to the original question. We are just trying to help and ascertain exactly what it is that motivated your question we can figure out how best to answer it.

Last edited:

mharrington

Original Poster
I understand that. The answer is yes restaurants have closed to make way for an attraction Soundstage Restaurant and Catwalk Bar closed (acted as a TS for Character Breakfasts) to make way for Disney Jr Live, and Studio Catering Co. for Galaxy's Edge.
What I am miffed about is why you seem to be annoyed with the answers you were given. A few other members besides myself answered your question, some even giving other information like how a restaurant has acted as a TS and a CS (Diamond Horseshoe, Soundstage Restaurant) and you seem to be agitated by the replies. What I and maybe others are confused about is the question you posed in the post above (#22). I'm not quite sure what it is you want to know and how it relates to the original question. We are just trying to help and ascertain exactly what it is that motivated your question we can figure out how best to answer it.

I was particularly curious as to how none of the table service places in the Magic Kingdom have closed. Are they too valuable to be removed, like, say, the Plaza Restaurant?

NiarrNDisney

I was particularly curious as to how none of the table service places in the Magic Kingdom have closed. Are they too valuable to be removed, like, say, the Plaza Restaurant?

I would think with the Magic Kingdom being such a popular and populated park that loosing any restaurant would be detrimental to the flow. Even the seasonal restaurants though not always used are necessary to keep guests fed and spread out throughout the park.

mharrington

Original Poster
Still not clear about this and how it relates to the original question

The original question was about whether or not they have ever closed any sit-down places before at the theme parks, particularly the Magic Kingdom (given the roster, it seems like they haven't). My original question stemmed from the fact that I would like to use the space for one of these places (mainly, the Plaza Restaurant, which is kind of tucked into a rather inconspicuous corner anyway) for the space for an attraction.

Does, say, the Plaza Restaurant open and close different than the rest of the park?

nickys

Premium Member
The original question was about whether or not they have ever closed any sit-down places before at the theme parks, particularly the Magic Kingdom (given the roster, it seems like they haven't). My original question stemmed from the fact that I would like to use the space for one of these places (mainly, the Plaza Restaurant, which is kind of tucked into a rather inconspicuous corner anyway) for the space for an attraction.

Does, say, the Plaza Restaurant open and close different than the rest of the park?

But there's already expansion space currently in/around MK. Why do you want one of the TS to close? And what do their opening hours have to do with that decision? And if the Plaza Restaurant is in such an inconspicuous corner, why site an attraction there? The MK TS restaurants are hard to book as it is, closing one would make it even harder.

I think you would have got more relevant answers if you had explained your question in the first post. You seemed to get very annoyed by what were honest and helpful answers, jumping down people's throats for not being able to second guess your real question.

mharrington

Original Poster
But there's already expansion space currently in/around MK. Why do you want one of the TS to close? And what do their opening hours have to do with that decision? And if the Plaza Restaurant is in such an inconspicuous corner, why site an attraction there? The MK TS restaurants are hard to book as it is, closing one would make it even harder.

I think you would have got more relevant answers if you had explained your question in the first post. You seemed to get very annoyed by what were honest and helpful answers, jumping down people's throats for not being able to second guess your real question.

Maybe I should've phrased it more clearly, but I was trying to keep it subtle. I did not want to give away the question immediately, without first breaking the ice. I appreciate the answers. It certainly helped cleared the air. I was just trying to see if the parks had closed table services places before, in the Magic Kingdom or any other park, as a first step to the big question. As for operating hours, I was using that to see if it was expendable.

And where is the expansion space in/around the MK anyway?

NelleBelle

If you were curious about operating hours, Plaza hours are posted online. But it appears they are only open for Lunch and Dinner (11:30 - park closing).
Plaza is not the only restaurant that has these hours. Only CRT, BOG, and CP are open for breakfast. The rest are lunch and dinner.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I believe the OP let it slip here:

And MY question is, why is the OP wanting to use the location of a restaurant for an attraction? Who is this individual who feels he can shut a restaurant in MK and use the space for a ride?

mharrington

Original Poster
I believe the OP let it slip here:

And MY question is, why is the OP wanting to use the location of a restaurant for an attraction? Who is this individual who feels he can shut a restaurant in MK and use the space for a ride?

Because the OP thought if the restaurant location could be used otherwise, why not? Also, this individual is someone who likes Mickey Mouse and who is still upset there is no other worthwhile place to put it in the park, since Main Street has a decent meet-n-greet spot for him already anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom