Single guy at Disney?

GrimGrinningGuy

Original Poster
I'm in a bit of a life funk right now and need soem magic in my life. I'm thinking of popping down to WDW for a weekend. I've never gone alone and am wondering what you guys thoght of a single guy doing this? Has anyone done it? If so were you bored, or did you feel weird? I'm just an average joe, fresh off a break up with a long time girlfriend, and I need somthing to make me feel, well... better. I've always loved WDW and was planning a trip for this year. But now it'd have to be solo. Any one have any thoughts?

nicholas

I spent a day alone at WDW and loved it. There have been a few threads about spending time there by yourself in the past and tons of people said they had done it and loved it. I would do a quick search for those threads to see some of the responses! And enjoy your trip!

wild01ride

I've never done a solo trip, but have undertaken many solo excursions as a single guy, sometimes lasting as long as most of a day and including parks, restaurants, lounges, etc. I'd definitely be willing to do a solo trip some time and I bet I will one of these days.
In my opinion, it's one of the most relaxing and enjoyable ways to take in the World!
I've shed a lot of my shyness by spending time alone at WDW- there's nowhere else in the world that you can feel more comfortable by yourself in public!
If this is what you choose to do, don't hesitate- I think you'll find that you'll really like it!
Enjoy!

bgraham34

Dude, solo trips are fun. I have done it before and had a blast. I met more people that way. i made friends with People From Australia and still talk with one of them. I met several young ladies and even hung out wiht a castmember one night. So you can have a great time.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
single trips can be really fun.................... do what you want the whole time. plus, any attraction that has "single" lines is a bonus!!!

just watch out for the "pda" victims because this can make you miss an x-girlfriend or x-boyfriend; but in most cases it makes me sick :hurl:

hope you have fun

disneydisney

I've do going down with my parents but go solo and I've enjoyed it. I meet two girls in the tower of terror line and I still talk to them.

Also, I was lucky enough to be at my resort with no one at the pool but me and the softball team..It was fun. Sometimes its just the lucky of the draw.

You can also just talk to people in line if the lines are long.

Have fun :wave:

brkgnews

JUST GO!

How's that for advice? I'm a terminally single guy, and I spent eight days there back in September. It's wonderful -- very guy-friendly. IE, you can sleep as late as you want, eat when you want, ride what you want, and you don't have to spend eight hours in every store looking for the perfect Disney hair scrunchie!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
brkgnews said:
JUST GO!

How's that for advice? I'm a terminally single guy, and I spent eight days there back in September. It's wonderful -- very guy-friendly. IE, you can sleep as late as you want, eat when you want, ride what you want, and you don't have to spend eight hours in every store looking for the perfect Disney hair scrunchie!
or the perfect outfit to walk around and sweat your butt off all day, lol

DisneyWood

GrimGrinningGuy said:
I'm in a bit of a life funk right now and need soem magic in my life. I'm thinking of popping down to WDW for a weekend. I've never gone alone and am wondering what you guys thoght of a single guy doing this? Has anyone done it? If so were you bored, or did you feel weird? I'm just an average joe, fresh off a break up with a long time girlfriend, and I need somthing to make me feel, well... better. I've always loved WDW and was planning a trip for this year. But now it'd have to be solo. Any one have any thoughts?

All I can say is that I was planning on spending an entire week out there alone, until my sister decided to come with me. I wouldn't mind a bit being there alone. Well, I would now, since I have 2 young children that love being there as well. I couldn't leave them behind but my wife wouldn't mind being left behind.

But to answer your question, I think that you should head there for a weekend and have a wonderful time. Remember, you will be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want.

GrimGrinningGuy

Original Poster
Wow, such a quick response! Thanks everyone. I understand the spose/girlfriend not into it thing. My last was just not into it eiether, i felt like I was dragging her there.

barnum42

Nine of my thirteen tips have been solo, never had a problem with it.

One of these trips was when I was in a real downer after splitting from the girl I thought was "the one". I'd been miserable for months and decided to go on the trip. I realised that it had worked when I was conscious of the fact she had not entered my thoughts by seeing a coach pull up with her name in six foot high letters on the side. I had a laugh at that and never looked back since. :D

TheDisneyGirl02

From a female's point of view, I'd go! I went by myself in October to clear my head for a few days. It helped a lot. I would go and have fun! Clear your head of your break-up and have fun at WDW! It's cheered me up so many times that I'd suggest that cure to anybody! Let us know if you go!

TheDisneyGirl02

wannabeBelle

Absolutely go!!!!!!!!! I have done a few "single trips" Usually I Am meeting up with people etc but the one time that I went completely solo was the M:S passholder preview weekend!!! What a blast!! I danced, ate, went on what I wanted to when I wanted to, stayed where I wanted to. It was AWESOME!!!!!!!! Where better to go by yourself than the happiest place on Earth?? Belle
P.S. We expect a trip report when you get back though!!!

se8472

yea, going alone is awsome. Almost as fun as going in a large group.

and like others have said, you get to do what you want, when you want, how you want and all those nice things.

drew81

I've been to Disney World ten times by myself. Just go and have fun.
You have freedom to do the things you want. Go say "hi" to the Queen of Hearts. She appreciates single guys saying hi to her

GrimGrinningGuy

Original Poster
Well you guys have really made me feel anxious now. Now I just want to run out of work at lunch and never come back, lol. It'd only take me 6 or 7 hours to highball it down there. I really love the feeling WDW gives me. This thread has made me feel a little of that right here at work, I can see I'm not alone.

Thanks...

Keep the comments coming though! :sohappy:

I can't wait to ride HM and PP again.

AliciaLuvzDizne

go in march
im going with my mom and she's not terribly mobile...she has her on days and he off days so i have a feeling that i'll be flying the parks solo sometimes
you can hang out with me :D

BRER STITCH

GO! GO! GO!

I do it solo all the time! It's fun and relaxing!

The best is you can come and go when you please....no consulting a group!

If you're going next weekend, I'll be there too!

HAVE FUN!

:sohappy:

wannabeBelle

Ill be there March 16th-19th. I can tell you I will be parked in front of the Off Kilter stage on the 17th all day once their sets start!!! How much of a hoot is this going to be seeing a great Celtic Rock band on St. Patrick's day!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom