Simpsons Ride

MattBoom

There's a few really old pictures from Universal mixed in there. Yes that used to be the Bates Motel from Psycho. It never was a working set. You saw it on your way back to the old Hard Rock building, before CityWalk. It was back where the children's water play area is now.

sknydave

Yeah, it's gone now.. Seeing that reminded me of the old Hitchcock show. I remember playing the role of the guy holding on for dear life haha

gusgoose

I'm rather excited for this ride, but I'm a huge Simpsons fan.

I don't suspect the ride itself will have much staying power for non-Simpsons fans. But if Universal was smart, they'd just refurbish that building and surrounding area every three years or so with another simulator. It's a cheap and easy way to get people excited about a new ride.

JROK

There's a few really old pictures from Universal mixed in there. Yes that used to be the Bates Motel from Psycho. It never was a working set. You saw it on your way back to the old Hard Rock building, before CityWalk. It was back where the children's water play area is now.

Actually it WAS a real working set during 1989 when Psycho IV: The Beginning was shot there. It was also the first film to be shot at Universal Orlando, AND was used for several years during Halloween Horror Nights.

dandaman

*gasp* Not the ELB! :cry: :lookaroun

IMG_2834.jpg

...Wonder what the Ebay shipping costs would amount to? :lookaroun

mctv512

God, i´m gonna miss that train and sure the delorean will take the same road.
By the way, sorry to write this here but this is my first post!

cmatt

*gasp* Not the ELB! :cry: :lookaroun

IMG_2834.jpg

...Wonder what the Ebay shipping costs would amount to? :lookaroun

*darth vader style*

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*clenches fists in frustration*

--OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Blackie Pueblo

God, i´m gonna miss that train and sure the delorean will take the same road.
By the way, sorry to write this here but this is my first post!

FIRST TIME POST! FIRST TIME POST! Welcome to the message boards mctv512!:wave:

It's a shame that anything to remind you of the former ride is disappearing. Universal looks as if it's pulling a Disney. Instead of improving the rides they are just replaceing them for what might be hot right now... not what'll be hot for a long time.

jorgetheviking

Im not sure if I'll like the Simpsons ride or not. I really like the show but BTTF was awesome too. I think no matter what I'll like BTTF more.

trimmerTOT

wow....i haven't been to Orlando for 8 years...can't believe its been that long, I've missed so many changes...like i only just found out that Back to the Future had closed!

I re-rode that for almost 3 hours straight one afternoon!

sad news...but time must move on right, i'm sure the Doc and Marty would see it that way.

I actually think the Simpsons Ride will be awesome, and it will have staying power, at least as much as BTTF had, don't forget that even when the Simpsons does finally go off the air, there are so many episodes and presumable another movie to repeat it forever! so many 5 - 10 years down the track it will have to go, fair enough....then the whole place and can be ripped down and redone.

If its just a case of refurbishing / upgrading the vehicles and screen then mapping the programme to the the animation, I can see this being open in a year. don't forget that fox farms most of the animation out to Asia, where they have massive teams working on the Simpson's.

Blackie Pueblo

My thing is there just seems to be too many things that are from cartoons now. It doesn't seem real. I just miss Universal Studios showcasing the studios, the hit movies, and the actors. The Simpsons movie wasn't that big of a hit, nor was it that good, nor was it live action. So the ride won't make you feel like your part of the film, just like you are watching a 3D cartoon.

JROK

The Simpsons movie wasn't that big of a hit, nor was it that good, nor was it live action. So the ride won't make you feel like your part of the film, just like you are watching a 3D cartoon.

Since when was grossing $152M domestically and $342M worldwide considered not to be a hit? It's only been out for 17 days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom