Simba in the Festival of the Lion King: puppet or animatronic?

Bairstow

Original Poster
I was curious about this one.
It could be either an animatronic or a puppet, but if it's a puppet, where does the puppeteer sit?

247bcd1d251e97de76e5e389cf451511-d5lt4s1.png

Paul jr

For this one, particulary, the pupeter kind of stand in Simba. The persons feets stand in the frond paws. Is ''behind'' rest on a ''behind rester'' in Simba body. The hand and upper body move the head the mouth and, I think' the eyes.

Bairstow

Original Poster
For this one, particulary, the pupeter kind of stand in Simba. The persons feets stand in the frond paws. Is ''behind'' rest on a ''behind rester'' in Simba body. The hand and upper body move the head the mouth and, I think' the eyes.

It would be really interesting to see a schematic of what that looks like.
I wonder if it's as uncomfortable as it sounds.

Disney Analyst

there is someone most certainly standing inside. It is a similar design to the Parade of Dreams Simba. If you watch the show, you will see his front paws lift off the rock... meaning someone has to be standing inside to make that work.

MOXOMUMD

there is someone most certainly standing inside. It is a similar design to the Parade of Dreams Simba. If you watch the show, you will see his front paws lift off the rock... meaning someone has to be standing inside to make that work.
Guess I never paid attention to the paws.

Paul jr

OK I'm sorry if I expressed myself wrong... What I meant to said is I THINK, with my observation that this is the way they done it.

I made the same observation and thats wath lead me to my previous theory

Next question, how does he get in there?
I don't know for sure, but I think maybe the heary head could come off easily.

This is just some hypothetic theorys based on my observations. I never said that I know the absolute truth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom