Sightlines are being destroyed everywhere

montyz81

Original Poster
I really take issue with this. If you want to see show buildings they are in plain sight in many areas. Hall of Presidents show building is clearly visible without any theaming above sleepy hollow. This presumably from when the park opened 50 years ago.

If you want to see them they are there, but if you choose not to “look for them” they are barely noticeable. I’ve been in Epcot numerous times this last week for the first time in 3 years, and can honestly say I’ve not noticed GOTG show building. (Or Soarin the last few visits)
The point is, you don't have to try to look for the recently built set of rides' show buildings. If I look long and hard, you could probably see the show building for HM through the trees. They tried hard to remove show buildings from site lines in 1971 and 1982 when Epcot was built, etc.

BTW, I just went on Google Maps to see what you were talking about with regards to HoP. I do not see any sign of an unthemed part of HoP. Can you provide a picture of what you are talking about?

Nottamus

The encroachment of the outside world concerns me more. Bound to happen- still don’t like it

Driving back to AKL at night after a park visit to see the giant Colorful led lit towers from the slingshot ride outside property looming over Osceola rd.

Eat at Joe’s

J4546

Sadly I always hoped they'd fix the Guardians sightlines by maybe building a bit of a berm with trees, at least hiding the lower half of it.
They look to be extending the parking right up near the building now, so no chance.

The worst ones for me are the Star Wars land and Pandora ones - I know its from the parking lot but a wall would have looked way better than random bits of rock on sticks.

if they added solar panel covers like in apris, you couldnt see it. maybe they will

Imhere

For the amount of money spent on trying to be the most immersive land created, shocked Disney didn't spend the money to hide SWGE's backside with a simple berm. Really ruins the idea for first time visitors.
Don,t they get a pass on that?

It always has with me, cuz, you know, it's a STUDIO.

UNCgolf

Well they used to intentionally design stuff at DHS to look that way -- like the front of Star Tours -- to match the studio theme. But they've basically given up on the studios theming now, so I don't think that really applies anymore.

At least it's not visible from inside the park; outside the park is a lesser issue.

Andrew25

If they put a sign that said "Studio 17" on the corner of the building, then sure it's fine, but it doesn't. They're trying to convince you that SWGE is real, and driving up to rocks on a stick completely ruins the immersion even before stepping into the park itself.

I don't care for sightlines like most people, but they should at least put some foliage to make it look less appalling. Same with GOTG, ride is great enough to ignore the giant blue box, but at least put some trees in between it and the parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom