*Sigh* It's bittersweet

JIMINYCR

Just think of the times you have been and remember there are those who will never experience it in their lifetime. That is enough to make you smile.

Yeah, so many people mention that they have never been, or they went ONCE and have never gone back. Makes me remember how fortunate I am that I've been able to go back multiple times.

Britt, stay on board, the more you get to know, the more information you collect, the better prepared you will be when you do get to go back. As far as contributions... any comment you feel to make contributes to the site.

real mad hatter

I was thinking about you the other day...what are flights to FL like from there??? Are they really bad? I mean, flights can sometimes "make or break" the trip for us sometimes, I imagine they're worse coming in over the pond, right??
I was thinking about you the other day...what are flights to FL like from there??? Are they really bad? I mean, flights can sometimes "make or break" the trip for us sometimes, I imagine they're worse coming in over the pond, right??
Not bad really.Your distance is half ours from COS to MCO is about 1,600 miles.The 33" leg seat pitch is cool as the free drink,excluding champagne,helps.:)

SulleyanBoo

Yeah, so many people mention that they have never been, or they went ONCE and have never gone back. Makes me remember how fortunate I am that I've been able to go back multiple times.

Britt, stay on board, the more you get to know, the more information you collect, the better prepared you will be when you do get to go back. As far as contributions... any comment you feel to make contributes to the site.
I agree! Stay on board love :) I am crossing my fingers for a 2013 trip for you!

The MaD Hatter

I sympathize with your situation. I followed the boards for several years when we were making annual trips to WDW. Then we hit a dry spell for a few years when we couldn't go. I had to finally step away from the boards because it was just making me more disappointed that we couldn't go. I only started following the boards again after we moved to Orlando.

wdwmomof3

I love to come here and read because it helps keep me up to date with what is going on. I mean something is always changing at Disney from the new fast passes that they are testing to new attractions being opened, and some that are even closing. I also enjoy reading what other people have to share about it too.

I also know what it's like to have to cancel a trip. We were supposed to go this Thanksgiving but the time was just not good for us so I have moved it to spring break, and now that is even iffy. :rolleyes: I'm not upset though because I know we are going back, I just have to pick a time when all of the kids can go at the same time. I'm telling you having one in college and the rest in school makes it hard to plan sometimes. Just coming here does help fill my Disney void. If I get real down I just place a nice order from Disney Shopping.com and get something from the parks section. :D In fact, I may go do that right now! Haha!

wiigirl

"Sane" being a relative term, of course. :D

Its all relative. :p
75.gif

EOD K9

Britt, If it makes you feel better, just know that I'll be there on Friday. Then you can say, "someone I know from the boards is enjoying the magic". And I'll sotra think of you for a hot second and then you'll be there in spirit. Yay!

Britt

Original Poster
Britt, If it makes you feel better, just know that I'll be there on Friday. Then you can say, "someone I know from the boards is enjoying the magic". And I'll sotra think of you for a hot second and then you'll be there in spirit. Yay!
Just rubbin it in huh???

Yay for Friday!!!!

Florida Bill

I kinda have the complete opposite of most people on here, now don't anyone kill me for this, seems like I've gone to Disney World to many times and I've kinda burnt out on it! (remember, don't kill me) I now live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida about 1 1/2 hrs from Disney. We have annual passes and have been so many times in the past 5 months or so...about 9 or 10 times I think. I do love going over there, it's nice to be able to just plan a last minute trip and go whenever we feel like it. (please, please don't kill me!) We moved down to Florida 4 years ago from New Jersey, when we lived there we planned our big summer trip to Disney World, the whole planning thing, saving money for our trip and making the payments added so much to the trip...it gave us something to look forward to for months and months. I do feel like going again as it's been a bit since we've been there, we're thinking of maybe going this weekend. (oh yeah, once again, please don't kill me!) lol

MagicMegan

I feel the same when I don't have one planned. I will be there on Oct 14, then after that I am doing the girl's cruise in Sept 2013, then who knows... I've been spoiled the last few years and went twice each year, so now that's what I want.

Britt

Original Poster
I kinda have the complete opposite of most people on here, now don't anyone kill me for this, seems like I've gone to Disney World to many times and I've kinda burnt out on it! (remember, don't kill me) I now live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida about 1 1/2 hrs from Disney. We have annual passes and have been so many times in the past 5 months or so...about 9 or 10 times I think. I do love going over there, it's nice to be able to just plan a last minute trip and go whenever we feel like it. (please, please don't kill me!) We moved down to Florida 4 years ago from New Jersey, when we lived there we planned our big summer trip to Disney World, the whole planning thing, saving money for our trip and making the payments added so much to the trip...it gave us something to look forward to for months and months. I do feel like going again as it's been a bit since we've been there, we're thinking of maybe going this weekend. (oh yeah, once again, please don't kill me!) lol
*kills* :p

Dad 2 M & M

The longer the wait, the more magical your next trip will be!! We are wondering if this will be the last as a family, and that really bothers the 4 of us! Both princesses in college now!!

HouCuseChickie

I'm in a similar place. We've got this November trip coming up and I feel like I'm going overboard w/magical elements b/c I'm not sure when we'll be able to get back. I've already told DH that I want to do a land/sea trip for my bday next summer since it's a big one and he's good with me booking a bounceback if we happen to be so lucky, but the reality...we're dealing with some really heavy stuff with our side business and if it gets uber ugly...who knows when we'll get back. Granted, we bought a new vehicle this year to fully embrace the Great American Road Trip and my parents live in FL, so we have reason to venture to the sunshine state...but popping in if possible for a day is just not the same as a week at the World.

Sad that I'm dealing with post trip depression before I even go on my upcoming trip. :oops:

John

Britt and to all who feel like another trip is no where in sight.....Take a big jar and start saving your change, its not much but its a start. Atleast you have started. Throw a dollar or two in there when you can. You will be surprised how fast it will fill up. Whne that jar is filled....start another.

Just because you dont know when your next trip will be.....dosnt mean there wont be one. Just might take sometime. Pay the car off, then take a small portion of the payment you were paying and put it in that jar. Save enough money that your next trip will be spectacular! A reward for paying off that Honda.

You will be also surprised how fast time goes by, heck in two yrs they might just finish SDMC....LOL
No time like the present to start lanning your trip.....resort....maybe you will want to take a day and go to uni. Get a calander and pick a week out in 2014 and go with it. You have to have a goal....to reach a goal. SO if its 2015....so what. Tell your family to give you Disney gift cards for holidays. Not sure how old the kiddies are but get them involved too. Give them each a jar with some Mickey stickers on it and explain what you are doing....show them that Mommy and Daddy are doing it too.

Do as Walt said.....If you can dream it.....you can do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom