*Sigh* It's bittersweet

Britt

Original Poster
Britt and to all who feel like another trip is no where in sight.....Take a big jar and start saving your change, its not much but its a start. Atleast you have started. Throw a dollar or two in there when you can. You will be surprised how fast it will fill up. Whne that jar is filled....start another.

Just because you dont know when your next trip will be.....dosnt mean there wont be one. Just might take sometime. Pay the car off, then take a small portion of the payment you were paying and put it in that jar. Save enough money that your next trip will be spectacular! A reward for paying off that Honda.

You will be also surprised how fast time goes by, heck in two yrs they might just finish SDMC....LOL
No time like the present to start lanning your trip.....resort....maybe you will want to take a day and go to uni. Get a calander and pick a week out in 2014 and go with it. You have to have a goal....to reach a goal. SO if its 2015....so what. Tell your family to give you Disney gift cards for holidays. Not sure how old the kiddies are but get them involved too. Give them each a jar with some Mickey stickers on it and explain what you are doing....show them that Mommy and Daddy are doing it too.

Do as Walt said.....If you can dream it.....you can do it.
Soooooo true!! Thanks for that!! That needs to be my new quote...lol

real mad hatter

Agree with last post.We have 3 saving banks,a Cinderella castle,mine, a Jasmine DW, and a Mickey,DS.We all put £2 coins and you would be surprised how much is in them near the time to book. We saved £2.200 in 2 years,about $3.500.:)

Alison1975

Right now we're crossing our fingers for a March 2013 trip but the honest truth is we'll have no idea if it can become a reality until we do our 2012 Taxes (and see what our return will be like). That's a scary place to be let me tell ya. LOL!

I so understand..we booked the bounceback but in all reality we wont know until March if we can actually go. I quit my night job due to stress and that was our extra money..so now it's a wait and see if I can be really creative in saving,... may be hard with my oldest moving out and having a child soon.

twinnstar

I love this place because the people are awesome and I'm a Disney freak, but it's so bitter sweet when you don't have a trip planned and don't know when you're going to go back.

Totally doesn't feel like you contribute much in the way of excitement....

*crosses fingers for a 2013 trip*

I know exactly how you feel. I really am hoping for a 2014 trip, and ive been trying to figure out a way to bump it up to 2013 ;) but im just unsure if it will happen, and it bums me out! :(

mamamouse

I love this place because the people are awesome and I'm a Disney freak, but it's so bitter sweet when you don't have a trip planned and don't know when you're going to go back.

Totally doesn't feel like you contribute much in the way of excitement....

*crosses fingers for a 2013 trip*
awe :( i can hold my suitcase open for ya next time if that helps :)

captainkidd

This so reminded me of that commercial "Just 10 cents a day can feed a child for a week"! ;) lol

I thought the same thing when I typed it. But seriously, it's so true. It's how we do it. I've been lucky enough to do pretty well the last few years, so I put a bit more aside, but that's how are vacations are paid for. Every day, I transfer whatever I can afford from my checking to my vacation account. Try it for a month. You'll be shocked at how fast it adds up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom