Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

donsullivan

Premium Member
I apologize if this was mentionned in another thread or if I just missed it somewhere, but it looks like the audio at the beginning and end of the ride when Judi Dench isn't narrating were edited (possibly rerecorded? The inflections and audio quality seemed different to me) to remove references to Siemens, at least as of tonight, possibly earlier.

I heard this for the first time yesterday. There is definitely new audio with a new voice actor for the announcement after you complete the turn back and alerting you about doors opening soon, etc.. It was just different enough a voice that it caught me by surprise. It obviously removes all references to Siemens. I wasn't paying attention on the load side but it is definitely updated on the unload side.

bcoachable

So, why did Siemens and Disney decide to call it quits???
Or is it still too soon to share?
I vaguely have memories that it might have had something to do with the new night time show, but I’m still not putting two and two together...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, why did Siemens and Disney decide to call it quits???
Or is it still too soon to share?
I vaguely have memories that it might have had something to do with the new night time show, but I’m still not putting two and two together...

They're still in a bitter and unresolved dispute over who gets custody of Illuminations. It's been taking a toll on the little fella and affecting his performance.

Cmdr_Crimson

So, we know that many of the Siemens logos and such have been removed and the start of the entrance plaza is starting which can only mean down the road the 2 Year refurb will begin...We don't know much about what is to happen within the inside of SSE (Unless they mention anything at D23 Expo about it)...But, I am curious about the next score of this attraction...We all know that the score for SSE is very bold, dynamic and very memorable to represent the symbol and Icon of the park....And recently I rewatched the Sunrise at Epcot video..One track struck me that could work found here at the 48:30 to 50:46 mark it sounds like something that would play in the queue area and it's central theme for the attraction...

aladdin2007

So, we know that many of the Siemens logos and such have been removed and the start of the entrance plaza is starting which can only mean down the road the 2 Year refurb will begin...We don't know much about what is to happen within the inside of SSE (Unless they mention anything at D23 Expo about it)...But, I am curious about the next score of this attraction...We all know that the score for SSE is very bold, dynamic and very memorable to represent the symbol and Icon of the park....And recently I rewatched the Sunrise at Epcot video..One track struck me that could work found here at the 48:30 to 50:46 mark it sounds like something that would play in the queue area and it's central theme for the attraction...

wow yes that would be spot on perfect!!! great find! Now how do we get them to use it haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom