Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Bender123

Could very well be, but, it is what we have. We can either accept that and make an effort to find the positive or we can wring our hands and fret that it isn't spectacular. It would be more significant to me if the originals were better or at least had some element of spectacular, but, imho, it has always been anti-climatic maybe because of the top scene. Heck, it might even be ridiculous to even think that anything could seem good after the big blue marble. As I said, I loved the city scape and the song Tomorrows Child was inspiring and very much a quality ending. They could still have that, why it's gone is almost criminal. It could have been incorporated and still have been inspirational. But, it's not. I miss it, but, it hasn't ended my enthusiasm for the attraction which still remains 90% what it was in the 80's.

But, I guess it's time to just agree to disagree on the topic. Since I have been accused of trying to convince people to change their minds, by people, not you, attempting to change my mind, it is pretty much just saying the same things over and over again. So, I'm out for now. Until there is something useful and productive to talk about. Constant discussion of what is as opposed to what used to be is also a massive waste of cyberspace especially since there is so little to talk about in that section of the attraction anyway and always has been that way. No one ever left that ride talking about how great that last couple of minutes was, but, they did hum the song.

While I completely agree that the ride is still a classic, I liken the ending to something discordant...I have stated, many times, that there is nothing wrong with the ending, if the ride had that type of theme throughout. Instead, we get a ride that is awe inspiring, inspirational and aspirational on the way up and a weird/campy futurism video at the end. Its a clash in concept that comes off like brushing your teeth and drinking orange juice. The "Your Future" ending is something that would have been a better post show activity than a ride finale. I honestly have no issue with the video, outside its location.

The strange thing is that an ending like this would have been a great way to end a ride like World of Motion...where campy and silly was the overarching theme of the ride.

trainplane3

Pretty off topic but still relating to Spaceship Earth, I just wanted to share this: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a6fbfa6c-49b9-4f7c-8530-4b1c46ca0ad4
5455909-o_1ce42mkv51c521b181l9l1vg3hc7e-iOuFp7vcsdQXqQ-thumbnail-full.png

This is not my "Ideas" project. If this set ever did go into production, I could see Lego heavily refining it so it didn't look as...messy*? The idea is there for sure and luckily, that's all it really needs (plus Lego already has the Disney license to do this). It'd look good next to Cinderellas Castle.

*Edit: This is not a true negative. Would easily toss $200+ at this if it went to retail.

Last edited:

montyz81

Pretty off topic but still relating to Spaceship Earth, I just wanted to share this: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a6fbfa6c-49b9-4f7c-8530-4b1c46ca0ad4

This is not my "Ideas" project. If this set ever did go into production, I could see Lego heavily refining it so it didn't look as...messy? The idea is there for sure and luckily, that's all it really needs (plus Lego already has the Disney license to do this). It'd look good next to Cinderellas Castle.
I’m all in, that is impressive!

shernernum

Well...the forum isn't a Disney forum, more focused on parks in general. But unsurprisingly, you can't have any personal opinion about Disney. If you judge something they do, prepare to be bombarded...by the owner of course. No professionalism or constructive argument. Just straight yelling most of the time. I'll leave you with this:

I'll post their response about parking in the other thread. It's really something else.
I don’t even need to see the thread, I can tell where it’s from by the tone. I used to frequent that site but after they took such glee in screwing with the lady behind the misguided attempt to relocate the roller coaster from Geauga Lake I left. It was funny for a little while but it became so incessantly mean-spirited. And they really are angry Disney apologists most of the time.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...

This is not my "Ideas" project. If this set ever did go into production, I could see Lego heavily refining it so it didn't look as...messy? The idea is there for sure and luckily, that's all it really needs (plus Lego already has the Disney license to do this). It'd look good next to Cinderellas Castle.

My response requires some help from my pal Fry:

2qxucfk.gif

P_Radden

Very awesome and well done. Thanks for sharing. Supported!

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes

Man, I really wish Disney would have ride lego sets or architecture builds. Imagination Pavilion architecture set....Sign me up!!

JJJ

I apologize if this was mentionned in another thread or if I just missed it somewhere, but it looks like the audio at the beginning and end of the ride when Judi Dench isn't narrating were edited (possibly rerecorded? The inflections and audio quality seemed different to me) to remove references to Siemens, at least as of tonight, possibly earlier.

GlacierGlacier

I apologize if this was mentionned in another thread or if I just missed it somewhere, but it looks like the audio at the beginning and end of the ride when Judi Dench isn't narrating were edited (possibly rerecorded? The inflections and audio quality seemed different to me) to remove references to Siemens, at least as of tonight, possibly earlier.
Wow, finally. I'll have to check next time in the parks to confirm, but that'd be wonderful

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom