Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Monorail_Orange

Forgive me if you can't share, but I feel like I read somewhere the new show is going to require extensive work to the lagoon (including draining it). Is this still true?
Based on the things I've read in publications by some of the imagineers that helped build Epcot Center, I would say draining that lagoon will never happen short of absolute necessity. IIRC, that lagoon is not entirely man made either, which makes it about as easy to drain as say, Bay Lake.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Based on the things I've read in publications by some of the imagineers that helped build Epcot Center, I would say draining that lagoon will never happen short of absolute necessity. IIRC, that lagoon is not entirely man made either, which makes it about as easy to drain as say, Bay Lake.

Not that I know of and I'd doubt it.

Makes sense - thanks to both of you for that clarification!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The lagoon was man made as in dug out. Same as Seven Seas. Rainwater, water table and a sinkhole filled it up.

stuart

Illuminations: Reflections of Perth and Australia pavilion confirmed.

Coming from the original Perth, in Scotland, that would suit me. Actually, we are getting our own 'illuminations' as part of a multi-million pound investment in the place.

Hopeful that new Illuminations here will be IP free and, just as RoE was/is, a superior show technically.

tissandtully

Wasn't the Siemens sponsorship weird to begin with? Like I can't go out and like buy a bunch of Siemens products like I could Pandora jewelry. I couldn't see this sponsorship helping their bottom line at all. It's like if it SSE was sponsored by Underwriters Laboratories.

KBLovedDisney

Wasn't the Siemens sponsorship weird to begin with? Like I can't go out and like buy a bunch of Siemens products like I could Pandora jewelry. I couldn't see this sponsorship helping their bottom line at all. It's like if it SSE was sponsored by Underwriters Laboratories.
Man, if Pandora jewelry did sponsor SSE, it would be very sparkly.

Mat Cauthon

I could never see how any of the sponsorship would generate additional business or revenue. It's not like I ever used the sponsors name when talking about an attraction. "Hey who wants to go ride Space Ship Earth sponsored by Siemens" said no one ever.

KBLovedDisney

Pandora should sponsor Pandora.
yW6WA.gif

Pandora would be making bank if they had done that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom