Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Haymarket2008

I just hope that they pay us fans some face service and give this the classic refurb it deserves. If they are going to desecrate everything else, at least keep SSE around.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you have much in the way of details of all what was involved with the 2007 Tomorrow's Child ending.

The 2007 Tomorrow's Child ending was mostly just speculation and wishful thinking..

It was more than just wishful thinking. Projections would have shown a recap of the ride guests had just experienced with a re recorded version of the song playing. Between choosing your ending and being show it.

That's why the descent is full of pauses in story flow.

HMF

It was more than just wishful thinking. Projections would have shown a recap of the ride guests had just experienced with a re recorded version of the song playing. Between choosing your ending and being show it.

That's why the descent is full of pauses in story flow.
So they were going to bring Tomorrow's Child back? What was with the personalized e-surance commercials then?

Gringrinngghost

I am honestly not shocked that the sponsorship agreement has ended up. I do believe that Disney did anticipate in some variant of the deal falling through. The document that I saw two weeks ago helps add fuel to the fire, with the future of Epcot. I really cannot say much in terms of the document other than it gives a listing of a of refurbishment for Spaceship Earth in 2019. To my understanding further of it, illuminations should be retired after officially debuting under that name in 1988 with a new show and new name. Both slated to be redone by the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I really cannot say much in terms of the document other than it gives a listing of a of refurbishment for Spaceship Earth in 2019..
Anything in 2019 should be a regular overhaul.
To my understanding further of it, illuminations should be retired after officially debuting under that name in 1988 with a new show and new name..
The new show is currently called IllumiNations. Plus something else.

Father Robinson

Anything in 2019 should be a regular overhaul.

The new show is currently called IllumiNations. Plus something else.
I just pray that they find some way to keep the wonder and emotion keen elements of the new show. That's what I love so much about ROE, the torches, the preshow music..it all adds to the show. To think of all that not being present anymore is heartbreaking. Also I hope that they leave the central focus in the center of the lagoon. If they were to put projections on the countries or SSE some to most of the park wouldn't see them. Prayers that the new show isn't basically IllumiNations: The Wonders of Technology.

EvilChameleon

The new show still being called IllumiNations bodes well for those that don't want an IP filled show.

Just update the barges, give me a fresh orchestral soundtrack, keep the special holiday tags, and we're good.

jrhwdw

The new show still being called IllumiNations bodes well for those that don't want an IP filled show.

Just update the barges, give me a fresh orchestral soundtrack, keep the special holiday tags, and we're good.
So do they already have concept waiting to be greenlit like the night parade in MK or do they just have the name now?

Kman101

Not complaining about it coming in 2019 (if it doesn't end up pushed back) but why not wait until 2022 for Epcot's birthday? Is there some rush/push to get it up by 2019 (as it was apparently delayed because of HEA)? It seems like something that, while I welcome an update (maybe ...), it doesn't seem like it needs to be a priority, but then I'm not making these decisions ....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom