Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Kman101

I am struggling to find/remember recent examples of this. Perhaps you can refresh my memory?

They barely maintained GMR before TCM took over. Horizons, Wonders of Life all lost sponsors and went into disrepair, one closed ...

My point is they don't need sponsors to maintain their attractions. But ones with sponsors they act like they need them in order to maintain them.

Tavernacle12

It's early days but....

A proposal has been made for way down the line with a substantial amount of money involved. This news could mean the proposal won't happen since I can't see TWDC paying it themselves.

This could be relatively good news since it'll mean there wouldn't be massive changes. Maybe they'll even get rid of the screens. Maybe.

Or maybe it'll be a return to 2004 with no changes and minimal upkeep. Like I said, early days.

I think I can live with little changes and minimal upkeep so long as the core of the ride remains.

Cmdr_Crimson

Right, I mean specifically SSE has never operated without a sponsor, unless I'm forgetting something.

It was sponserless from 2003 - 2005....You can see that there was no sponser on the sign after AT&T Left..
2833283777_e7e98eaa84_b.jpg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
They barely maintained GMR before TCM took over. Horizons, Wonders of Life all lost sponsors and went into disrepair, one closed ...

Horizons and Wonders of Life was a while ago so I don't think you can count those into any trend with current management.

Point taken with GMR, although they are investing a lot of their own money for a new replacement attraction once TCM is gone.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
It's early days but....

A proposal has been made for way down the line with a substantial amount of money involved. This news could mean the proposal won't happen since I can't see TWDC paying it themselves.

This could be relatively good news since it'll mean there wouldn't be massive changes. Maybe they'll even get rid of the screens. Maybe.

Or maybe it'll be a return to 2004 with no changes and minimal upkeep. Like I said, early days.

So can you or have you been able to confirm that Siemens is out? I could not find any press releases and I don't trust that other site for real news, unless he stole it from someone like yourself!

PS: looking forward to your next video!

Kman101

Horizons and Wonders of Life was a while ago so I don't think you can count those into any trend with current management.

Point taken with GMR, although they are investing a lot of their own money for a new replacement attraction once TCM is gone.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

While not current management, I think they can still count but I understand your point.

It will be interesting to see. I'd imagine with maintenance improving they'll likely take care of the flagship ride in Epcot. Maybe without a sponsor they leave it alone ... lol. I just don't know I see them spending the money on it when so much else is being done or needs to be done, but who knows?

Rich T

New Narrator: Dwayne Johnson
New Name: Planet Disney
New Theme: "Now Available on Disney Home Video!"
New Tech: Automatically order products you see on ride by blinking your eyes.
BONUS: Riders who purchase the most for the day get their name engraved on a backstage brick guaranteed to remain in place for six weeks.

Last edited:

Kman101

And MS is getting a refurb as we speak. So being sponsorless isn't hopeless. Not ideal but not hopeless.

@Cmdr_Crimson

Not hopeless, but look how long Energy has stagnated without a sponsor. Now it's probably becoming Guardians

Wonders of Life without a sponsor and now it's a wasted pavilion hosting festivals

Having a sponsor ruined Imagination and no sponsor has resulted in nothing being done to it for years

Living Seas was nearly closed until they decided on Nemo

Not exactly a great history with running without sponsors

SteamboatJoe

@Cmdr_Crimson

Not hopeless, but look how long Energy has stagnated without a sponsor. Now it's probably becoming Guardians

Wonders of Life without a sponsor and now it's a wasted pavilion hosting festivals

Having a sponsor ruined Imagination and no sponsor has resulted in nothing being done to it for years

Living Seas was nearly closed until they decided on Nemo

Not exactly a great history with running without sponsors

Just trying to find a potential silver lining. I wonder if Disney knew enough ahead of time to factor this into their upcoming FW plans.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How about that last line they threw in there - that Siemens offered to build them a new monorail fleet if they were branded. Thats BS, right?
Im guessing this is from another site? Probably incorrect. I'm hearing a bit more about what happened now. It seems it was last minute decision with reasons that will possibly become apparent.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How about that last line they threw in there - that Siemens offered to build them a new monorail fleet if they were branded. Thats BS, right?

Since Disney is so open to sponsorship I don't believe for a minute that they would refuse that deal if the only condition was Siemens name on it and if Siemens is truly ending sponsorship, I highly doubt they would have made that offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom