Shuttle Launch?

sigsegv

Original Poster
Anyone else see the shuttle launch today? (Well, yesterday now.) I was out taking a walk around Cresent Lake with DD when I noticed a bunch of people on the bridge between YC and BW, all looking towards Epcot. I looked over that we too, the noticed what looked like a firework going up into the sky, but very slowly. I asked what we were looking at and one of the people nearby told me it was a shuttle launch.

I caught one down here in early December '00 and almost caught another in mid-November '01.

I've got pictures if anybody's interested, but they'll have to wait until I get back home since I'm on dial-up now.

(Edit: changed "late November" to "early December")

-sig

jmarc63

Originally posted by sigsegv
Anyone else see the shuttle launch today? (Well, yesterday now.) I was out taking a walk around Cresent Lake with DD when I noticed a bunch of people on the bridge between YC and BW, all looking towards Epcot. I looked over that we too, the noticed what looked like a firework going up into the sky, but very slowly. I asked what we were looking at and one of the people nearby told me it was a shuttle launch.

I caught one down here in late November '00 and almost caught another in mid-November '01.

I've got pictures if anybody's interested, but they'll have to wait until I get back home since I'm on dial-up now.

-sig

thats so Willie Mc Cool

sigsegv

Original Poster
Ok, I lied. Here's one of the pics. I hope it's not too big.

-sig

Attachments

• shuttle launch.jpg
    shuttle launch.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 272

Meecho

I watched it go up via the web, it looked a perfect sunny day and your photo has proved that, am I jealous? You bet!!

Caught a night launch a few years back, now that is a cool sight!

gmoss

Yes please post images of the launch from DW.
And if anyone else has some that woud be great!!

The only image I have is the small/blurry one with the Contemporary in the background.

I love the combo of the two together

sigsegv

Original Poster
Originally posted by gmoss
Yes please post images of the launch from DW.
And if anyone else has some that woud be great!!
I'll post more when I get home. I'm on dial-up here and posting even small pics can be such a pain. I've got 6 total launch pics.

-sig

SirNim

That is REALLY cool!

Talk about Mission: SPACE!! Huh!!:lol: :D :)

Right over the BoardWalk too...

What a perfect picture, what a perfect experinece (I bet)...:animwink: :)

cymbaldiva

I saw the one 12/00

We were right outside the MK gates, and the launch was happening at the same time as Fantasy in the Sky...when we looked one way, there were fireworks, when we turned about a quarter turn there was the shuttle :)

It was pretty wicked-kewl! :cool:

Michael72688

It must have been a cool sight, I haven't seen one go up from WDW, but I live here so I see enough of them! Just too bad bad you arent going to be here for the landing

Mitzer

That is just too cool. I know you had to love seeing that at Disney. What a special extra to experience. Can't wait to see the other photos. In all our trips, we have yet to see one. We have been there when they have gone up, just too bright to see anything. Lucky you...I am so jealous! :lol:

ive never seen a launch from Disney but if i go in my back yrd i can see it pretty well. Im not as close to Kennedy Space center as Disney is but i can see it from my house usually. i think seeing something like this would make that magic even better.

sigsegv

Original Poster
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
I saw the one 12/00

We were right outside the MK gates, and the launch was happening at the same time as Fantasy in the Sky...when we looked one way, there were fireworks, when we turned about a quarter turn there was the shuttle :)

It was pretty wicked-kewl! :cool:
Hey, I was at MK for that one too. DW and I just got out of Space Mountain and the fireworks were going off. I knew a shuttle was launching around then and when I saw a group of geeky-looking people staring off in a different direction from the fireworks, I looked off there (adding another geeky-looking person to the count ;) ) and there was the shuttle going up.

-sig

sillyspook13

I saw the launch from school. It went up right at the end of third period, and my class was on the east side of the campus. I had a perfect view while leaving the room!

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by sigsegv
Hey, I was at MK for that one too. DW and I just got out of Space Mountain and the fireworks were going off. I knew a shuttle was launching around then and when I saw a group of geeky-looking people staring off in a different direction from the fireworks, I looked off there (adding another geeky-looking person to the count ;) ) and there was the shuttle going up.

-sig

Wasn't it pretty awesome?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom