Show us your best AI created Disney photos!

mickEblu

the general public really has 0 respect for artists, we’re completely invisible. I get having fun when you’re uninformed. But whenever ppl are pretty fully informed and just keep doing it for the funsies I don’t get it. Aside from the tangible harm it’s done to artists, theres an even greater mental harm. The mental damage is huge with this thing being everywhere. Ive never seen artists so depressed, I mean they were already abused and taken advantage of before, but now, it’s a whole other level.

So when people get informed and still do this, it worries me.

This isn’t something you need to survive or even to live fully. It’s just sludge. And I’ll say this, learning to create or be creative in whatever form, is a hundred times more satisfying than digital junk food. Don’t let this toy mess with you.

Anyways, the only conclusion I have is again, we as a society don’t really respect artists. We like huge names, we like alot of art from unknown artists we don’t think to look into. We have huge appetites, and take things for granted. So after knowing all this, I guess you decide. It’s not the end of the world for everyone, but it’s sad and extremely disrespectful to me personally and to almost every artist or creative out there. I’m trying so hard to be lenient when we don’t get nearly the same.

This happened to recording artists and musicians 20 years ago with Napster. Unfortunately, it’s inevitable. You can’t just single out artists. Every supermarket I go to only has one or two cashiers to go along with the 12 self check outs and 5 cashier less/ closed registers.

TP2000

Doubly fun because it’s coming from fellow fans expressing, in a playful way, their wish that Disney would just get back to being their creative best and SURPRISE us with something as fun and different as many of these wild, kaleidoscopic computer fever dreams.

This is quite the wild genie that’s been let out of the bottle, that’s for certain.

My thoughts exactly! Again, I know I share many of our sentiments here when I thank @truecoat for thinking of this. It's incredible. And yes, I raised a toast to him tonight down at the Marine Room and was talking with a couple friends about this AI image generator thing. Like me, they had no idea this tech existed for amateurs like ourselves.

Here's a fun one... What if they had built the Little Mermaid ride as an actual boat ride, and put it in a very elaborate Edwardian era dome like the Palace Of Fine Arts but spent a Tokyo DisneySea sized budget on it instead of a TDA budget?

_2bae7795-576a-4ccd-b56c-6dbbc8efe645.jpg

Or this one:

Anaheim Resort District rebuilt as a true resort area with canals and lavish architecture befitting a "World Class Resort"....

_6ac36d3c-4ad7-4cc0-aa0f-d038a20e7220.jpg

Last edited:

ParkPeeker

Gave the like for the talk about artists of the past.

Disagree below.
And one last bit about my comment that A.I. was inevitable. Tech evolution happens. I really believe that, if civilizations exist in other solar systems, they all (or most) at some point have to deal and wrangle with these same tech developments.

Atomic energy. Computers. Internet. Cloning. Social Media. VR, AI, and… eventually, possibly, self-aware machines.

It’s what we do with what we discover that matters.
There is no direct exploitation every time you use the Internet in a way comparable to gen AI. There was no huge unethical scraping of data in the creation of the internet. So many people make analogies and ignore that gen AI's very being is nothing like we've had before. Its creation was already ethically out of line.

Every time an image is generated, countless artists are directly exploited. What do you see when you look at an AI image, it's a free art commission, but where does that come from every single time someone prompts something?

This happened to recording artists and musicians 20 years ago with Napster. Unfortunately, it’s inevitable. You can’t just single out artists. Every supermarket I go to only has one or two cashiers to go along with the 12 self check outs and 5 cashier less/ closed registers.
If you're going to make an analogy with music, why not make it with AI music. Is a self checkout completely and directly reliant on several workers labor, without their compensation or knowledge?

Rich T

Gave the like for the talk about artists of the past.

Disagree below.

There is no direct exploitation every time you use the Internet in a way comparable to gen AI. There was no huge unethical scraping of data in the creation of the internet. So many people make analogies and ignore that gen AI's very being is nothing like we've had before. Its creation was already ethically out of line.

Every time an image is generated, countless artists are directly exploited. What do you see when you look at an AI image, it's a free art commission, but where does that come from every single time someone prompts something?

If you're going to make an analogy with music, why not make it with AI music. Is a self checkout completely and directly reliant on several workers labor, without their compensation or knowledge?
This reply is not meant to say your objections and arguments are not valid; I think this view should absolutely be part of the I’m-sure-are-coming legal wranglings on this topic.

Just for perspective; these are of some of the arts/entertainment developments that I have lived through from the time I was in college on through my working life:

Home video (Boy, did Disney fight that one)
Word processing
Video games
Digital photography
Digital ink-and-paint in animation
The internet
Photoshop
CGI movies
Social Media
Photo-real CGI
Cel phones as essential life/business tool
AI story generators
Streaming
VR (work in progress)

And now AI image generators.

In each development, (not including the last 4 yet) jobs were lost and entire career fields became extinct as other jobs and careers were born and the entertainment industry morphed and adapted.

When Photoshop and similar applications were on the horizon, one of the major news magazines warned of the coming of the “Fiendish hell machine” (exact phrase) that could fool the eye and present a false reality. A fair enough concern, especially regarding historical records and photographic evidence in trials, but so far we’re all dealing with it ok.

A.I. images are a new, unique situation. I have faith that things will work out. It’s not going away; things can’t be un-invented—as much as some of us might wish otherwise. But they can be regulated and reigned in (to an extent).

I just spent an hour trying out the Bing app for myself. It is indeed fun and delightful as a playful inspiration-jogger (like shaking a massive box of photos and seeing where they fall), but after several goes one does see the patterns, repetitions, and repeated elements. And there’s a lot of uncanny valley there.

For what it’s worth, each Bing-generated image is, they say, digitally watermarked as such. But I can envision a lot of issues to be dealt with in the near future.

But in the end, at least for now, people do not become fans of image generators and do not actively seek out those images for purchases. People become fans of specific *artists.* I think that’s encouraging.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
AI isn't just ChatGPT and AI Image generation.

I work in the AI industry and have deployed AI tech in medical scanners that are used for early cancer detection. In welding automated assembly lines to detect faulty welds. On factory floors and around heavy machinery to help detect if people are walking into dangerous zones. Weapons detection through infrared/millimeter wave technology.

AI can actually be used to save lives, not just steal IP. It's a tool. If you only focus on the negative aspect of a tool and rally to get rid of it for just those reasons, that's where true ignorance comes to play. I'm not going to stop using a tool because someone in this world has or potentially can use it for evil. If that was the case I'd never use a knife or hammer because someone used it or could use it to harm someone else.

With that said, I'm going to continue posting in this thread. I'm not stealing people's work for personal or financial gain. I'm just having fun watching Pirates take over the Matterhorn and cute kitty cats riding Splash Mountain.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
My thoughts exactly! Again, I know I share many of our sentiments here when I thank @truecoat for thinking of this. It's incredible. And yes, I raised a toast to him tonight down at the Marine Room and was talking with a couple friends about this AI image generator thing. Like me, they had no idea this tech existed for amateurs like ourselves.
The irony is that I've seen better use of this tech (Like deep fake) done better by amateurs on YouTube than those in the professional industry where they actually had the money to spend on it.

Here is an amateur on YouTube that did a better job of de-aging Data in the first season of Picard:

ParkPeeker

When Photoshop and similar applications were on the horizon, one of the major news magazines warned of the coming of the “Fiendish hell machine” (exact phrase) that could fool the eye and present a false reality. A fair enough concern, especially regarding historical records and photographic evidence in trials, but so far we’re all dealing with it ok.
There was another old artist elsewhere who fully embraces gen AI and encourages the use of it, and he also brings this up a lot. I frankly do not get the comparison between the the introduction of photoshop and gen ai. I would argue more on this but for personal reasons I think I’ll just stop.

I’m fully against current Adobe and their decision to go along with this hot new toy. They are tone deaf to what should be their consumer base, and are more interested in widening their net.

Anyways thanks for talking with me, I’ll need to get off here for a while.
AI isn't just ChatGPT and AI Image generation.
Idk why you made whole paragraphs regarding this when I was not arguing this at all. I’m very clearly only talking about gen AI.
I'm not stealing people's work
Disagree, it relies on stolen work.

TP2000

In each development, (not including the last 4 yet) jobs were lost and entire career fields became extinct as other jobs and careers were born and the entertainment industry morphed and adapted.

All of that is accurate. We should also mention Fotomat and all the people put out of work now that they're no longer needed by society. I used Fotomat often and happily. They were great.

I always smile when I see an abandoned Fotomat hut in an old parking lot somewhere, but they are becoming very rare.

fotomat-old-photos-16.webp

Also, just think of the Cast Members put out of work now that Disneyland no longer offers a "Rental Camera" service for the day, and staffed camera experts to help you with technical questions and problems. A once important service and employment option that is now as needed by a Disneyland guest as a buggy whip manufacturer.

Back OT, what if they actually made the Hyperion Theater like it was a grand theatrical palace as found on Hollywood Boulevard circa 1925? But not just a cheap stucco warehouse box with a faux marquee pasted on the side sitting at the end of that long DCA street, but a fully fleshed out grand theater from Hollywood's Golden Age?

(Again, requiring Tokyo level budgets, not cheap TDA budgets)

_58128ab6-c1fe-4d10-9b93-4f540b8969de.jpg

_e0396bde-1ba3-4215-8694-1df8c65772d1.jpg

TP2000

Speaking of TDA being cheap and tacky for the past 25 years...

One of the ugliest and most derided aspects of the "Disneyland Resort" project of 1997-2001 was the awful "East Esplanade" and main entrance plaza off of Harbor Blvd. This is where tens of thousands of visitors per day, mostly the tourists staying at area hotels who thus spend a lot more money than locals stopping by for a few hours once a month, entered Disneyland via some of the cheapest and ugliest architecture and environments that TDA has ever done. And it never has been fixed.

So I asked my new friend A.I. to fix that for us...

The new Harbor Blvd. entrance esplanade and security screening complex, but done with a proper budget from a company that makes Billions of dollars in profits every year and claims to value showmanship and their "guests".

_7023ae75-b272-43bc-bd75-c111d4082ce1.jpg

Or, here's another option that's more American architecture in style, instead of the vaguely Parisian one above (I think it's the Mansard roofline and Art Nouveau font that makes it look a tad too Parisian for my tastes, but I still like the general concept above with its sense of grandness and importance aimed at the "guests" who pay a lot of money to be there).

_92aee121-4866-4d60-9947-6683ed08f619.jpg

Last edited:

CHOX

All of that is accurate. We should also mention Fotomat and all the people put out of work now that they're no longer needed by society. I used Fotomat often and happily. They were great.

I always smile when I see an abandoned Fotomat hut in an old parking lot somewhere, but they are becoming very rare.

fotomat-old-photos-16.webp

Also, just think of the Cast Members put out of work now that Disneyland no longer offers a "Rental Camera" service for the day, and staffed camera experts to help you with technical questions and problems. A once important service and employment option that is now as needed by a Disneyland guest as a buggy whip manufacturer.

Back OT, what if they actually made the Hyperion Theater like it was a grand theatrical palace as found on Hollywood Boulevard circa 1925? But not just a cheap stucco warehouse box with a faux marquee pasted on the side sitting at the end of that long DCA street, but a fully fleshed out grand theater from Hollywood's Golden Age?

(Again, requiring Tokyo level budgets, not cheap TDA budgets)

View attachment 747402

View attachment 747405

Oh! I’m in my 30’s and don’t remember photo huts but I do remember the key master huts in parking lots.

TP2000

Oh! I’m in my 30’s and don’t remember photo huts but I do remember the key master huts in parking lots.

Fotomat was a nationwide chain. Their bright yellow roofs were in every small shopping center parking lot in America, or sometimes in the parking lot of a big supermarket. The ladies working in them wore yellow polyester outfits. You drove up, dropped off your film in the little plastic canisters that Kodak gave you, and then the next day you drove back and picked up your developed photos. Fotomat had nationwide development labs where the film would be processed overnight (a revolutionary idea at the time), and then taken back to the Fotomat location it came from to be picked up by the customer a day later.

The alternative was taking your film to a drug store and waiting a week for it to come back. But not only would it take a week, you had to talk to the druggist to do that, and you didn't get to drive up with the top down and talk to the Fotomat hostess.

Fotomate-1971-4.jpeg

I remember Fotomat still being in business in the early 80's, but by 1990 there were one or two hour photo labs inside drug stores and shopping centers, and Fotomat quickly died off. They just couldn't compete with one hour photo labs. As they've been out of business for 30 years now, it's getting very rare to still see an abandoned Fotomat hut in a parking lot. But the Fotomat huts used to be everywhere in this country in the 1960's and 70's.

Sort of like how TDA put cheap stucco warehouses nearly everywhere in DCA. :cool:

In my never ending quest to cure TDA of its stucco warehouse fetish... what if the Hollywood Backlot area where Philharmagic and Stage 17 and the Backlot Stage is was done up like a swanky 1930's Hollywood studio? You'd need to be careful not to simply replicate the Universal Studios aesthetic, but that corner of DCA has been ugly and charmless and cheap looking for too many decades now.

_8d970d02-17d9-4cb8-a1bc-3ba281f244b0.jpg

I would take the horribly ugly Hollywood Backlot Stage from its current location plopped on a cement pad surrounded by exposed metal scaffolding in the center of this land, and rebuild it back into the unused space in the northeast corner of the land, where the monorail track curves towards Harbor Blvd. It would still be used for school talent groups and small stage shows and seasonal presentations, but be turned into an outdoor amphitheater like you'd find in a fancy civic park in Hollywood or Beverly Hills circa 1930.

_8df02a4f-29f3-4fb4-8cc7-2b9b9291f31d.jpg

I know it would be really sad to lose this stunning Imagineering masterpiece that's been there for 22 years, but I think it's time to do something better for paying "guests". Don't you? Just like Fotomat, eventually you die off and get replaced. ;)

2aab8220b5fbe2341c1a3e48cc025f78.jpg

Last edited:

CHOX

Fotomat was a nationwide chain. Their bright yellow roofs were in every small shopping center parking lot in America, or sometimes in the parking lot of a big supermarket. The ladies working in them wore yellow polyester outfits. You drove up, dropped off your film in the little plastic canisters that Kodak gave you, and then the next day you drove back and picked up your developed photos. Fotomat had nationwide development labs where the film would be processed overnight (a revolutionary idea at the time), and then taken back to the Fotomat location it came from to be picked up by the customer a day later.

The alternative was taking your film to a drug store and waiting a week for it to come back. But not only would it take a week, you had to talk to the druggist to do that, and you didn't get to drive up with the top down and talk to the Fotomat hostess.

Fotomate-1971-4.jpeg

I remember Fotomat still being in business in the early 80's, but by 1990 there were one or two hour photo labs inside drug stores and shopping centers, and Fotomat quickly died off. They just couldn't compete with one hour photo labs. As they've been out of business for 30 years now, it's getting very rare to still see an abandoned Fotomat hut in a parking lot. But the Fotomat huts used to be everywhere in this country in the 1960's and 70's.

Sort of like how TDA put cheap stucco warehouses nearly everywhere in DCA. :cool:

In my never ending quest to cure TDA of its stucco warehouse fetish... what if the Hollywood Backlot area where Philharmagic and Stage 17 and the Backlot Stage is was done up like a swanky 1930's Hollywood studio? You'd need to be careful not to simply replicate the Universal Studios aesthetic, but that corner of DCA has been ugly and charmless and cheap looking for too many decades now.

View attachment 747409

I would take the horribly ugly Hollywood Backlot Stage from its current location plopped on a cement pad surrounded by exposed metal scaffolding in the center of this land, and rebuild it back into the unused space in the northeast corner of the land, where the monorail track curves towards Harbor Blvd. It would still be used for school talent groups and small stage shows and seasonal presentations, but be turned into an outdoor amphitheater like you'd find in a fancy civic park in Hollywood or Beverly Hills circa 1930.

View attachment 747410

I know it would be really sad to lose this stunning Imagineering masterpiece that's been there for 22 years, but I think it's time to do something better for paying "guests". Don't you? Just like Fotomat, eventually you die off and get replaced. ;)

2aab8220b5fbe2341c1a3e48cc025f78.jpg

Well… I tried.
IMG_4686.jpeg
IMG_4686.jpeg

I tried to get a photo of Vanessa kissing Eric with Ariel watching and got this monstrosity.
IMG_4688.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom