Show us your best AI created Disney photos!

TP2000

Pixar Pier steam punk Disney California Adventure - how come we didn't get this?

That's incredible. It's like something from DisneySea, but even more fabulous.

This is starkly reminding me how lowered our expectations have become, as AI seems to have put this roughly where San Fransokyo Square is now. But bloggers and AP'ers flooded the park to see a lightly rethemed food court with patio lanterns and some new signage panels and a fake bridge stolen from a miniature golf course in Riverside?

Instead, AI is reminding us that WDI could actually be capable of this at DCA if we held Disney to higher standards as they make record Billions in profit in the 21st century...

OIG.sXAIDGgCoWB9yB3LcKI8

Ismael Flores

In an effort to incorporate Fox Ip into the parks, they had a little autograph signing at Disneyland.

View attachment 747168

View attachment 747169

I always thought that they should have considered DCA as a park where they could be a bit more edgy on their attractions. This as one park where i would not have mind Alien Extraterrestial Ecounter to have been cloned in the Empty buildings of the Hollywood backlot.

Last edited:

ParkPeeker

It's sad that a mindless AI is more creative than WDI and for that matter Disney Pictures.
This is uninformed. Although it isn’t smart like we are, the creativeness in the images yall are seeing is actually the result of the minds of billions of artists, photographers, designers and architects of locations that were photographed and so on so forth. So none of what y’all are drooling over is the AIs doing, but also this “creativity” didn’t come from nowhere. The generation can’t exist without the scraping of billions of actual creators minds dead and living.

The comparison to WDI/Disney pictures is also uninformed. For example a movie. Do you think single a fan “creator” (putting the quotes for those new “creators” reliant on gen ai, I don’t deem them legitimate fan artists) who isn’t affiliated with anything has nearly as much restrictions and creative politics as a huge creative company. You think professional creators can just make what ever the freak they feel like?

Imagine respecting a generative machine whose sole purpose is to cut costs and make money, more than the actual creators who made it possible (without them knowing) and who don’t even get to have a say in anything. How embarrassing.

Parteecia

This one from @Phroobar is a good example of that. Nothing in that photo actually exists at Disneyland, and the signage doesn't even make sense, but it looks exactly like Disneyland might look and how its landscaped. Creepy yet fascinating.
Especially the guy with the tie, suspenders, and shorts. Just don't look too closely at his face, or the children's. And the arm? hand(s)? of the lady on the right. Nightmares.

Rich T

AI social, business and creator concerns aside for now, this thread, so far, has given me more laughs and unexpected surprises than anything else I’ve seen on the internet (or in a movie theater) in a very long while. Doubly fun because it’s coming from fellow fans expressing, in a playful way, their wish that Disney would just get back to being their creative best and SURPRISE us with something as fun and different as many of these wild, kaleidoscopic computer fever dreams.

This is quite the wild genie that’s been let out of the bottle, that’s for certain.

ParkPeeker

Doubly fun because it’s coming from fellow fans expressing, in a playful way
the general public really has 0 respect for artists, we’re completely invisible. I get having fun when you’re uninformed. But whenever ppl are pretty fully informed and just keep doing it for the funsies I don’t get it. Aside from the tangible harm it’s done to artists, theres an even greater mental harm. The mental damage is huge with this thing being everywhere. Ive never seen artists so depressed, I mean they were already abused and taken advantage of before, but now, it’s a whole other level.

So when people get informed and still do this, it worries me.

This isn’t something you need to survive or even to live fully. It’s just sludge. And I’ll say this, learning to create or be creative in whatever form, is a hundred times more satisfying than digital junk food. Don’t let this toy mess with you.

Anyways, the only conclusion I have is again, we as a society don’t really respect artists. We like huge names, we like alot of art from unknown artists we don’t think to look into. We have huge appetites, and take things for granted. So after knowing all this, I guess you decide. It’s not the end of the world for everyone, but it’s sad and extremely disrespectful to me personally and to almost every artist or creative out there. I’m trying so hard to be lenient when we don’t get nearly the same.

Rich T

the general public really has 0 respect for artists, we’re completely invisible. I get having fun when you’re uninformed. But whenever ppl are pretty fully informed and just keep doing it for the funsies I don’t get it. Aside from the tangible harm it’s done to artists, theres an even greater mental harm. The mental damage is huge with this thing being everywhere. Ive never seen artists so depressed, I mean they were already abused and taken advantage of before, but now, it’s a whole other level.

So when people get informed and still do this, it worries me.

This isn’t something you need to survive or even to live fully. It’s just sludge. And I’ll say this, learning to create or be creative in whatever form, is a hundred times more satisfying than digital junk food. Don’t let this toy mess with you.

Anyways, the only conclusion I have is again, we as a society don’t really respect artists. We like huge names, we like alot of art from unknown artists we don’t think to look into. We have huge appetites, and take things for granted. So after knowing all this, I guess you decide. It’s not the end of the world for everyone, but it’s sad and extremely disrespectful to me personally and to almost every artist or creative out there. I’m trying so hard to be lenient when we don’t get nearly the same.
Please try to separate your feelings about A.I. from the genuine fun fans are having, non-commercially, in a fan forum focused on one narrow slice of the entertainment world. Everyone here respects artists. I imagine most people here, including myself, understand (and share) your feelings about the potential abuse of this new technology in the hands of studio executives.

I have worked as an animator, a set designer and a cartoonist. I share your concerns. I don’t want to see artists’ works ripped off. What you see here are Disney fans playing with a fascinating new tool to see what it can do. In this forum, it’s just for fun and a way to put in some playful digs at Disney in a Mad Magazine sort of way.

A.I. is not going away. It’s here, it exists, and it was inevitable. Now it’s up to unions and lawmakers to decide how to make it a positive tool rather than a destroyer of human creativity.

There are very serious issues to grapple with. But what’s going on in this thread is just people having fun with visual Mad Libs.

ParkPeeker

in a fan forum focused on one narrow slice of the entertainment world. Everyone here respects artists. I imagine most people here, including myself, understand (and share) your feelings about the potential abuse of this new technology in the hands of studio executives.
Disagree. I doubt most of the posters here are as informed on this topic.
In this forum, it’s just for fun and a way to put in some playful digs at Disney in a Mad Magazine sort of way.
Disagree about this being harmless even in this niche
A.I. is not going away. It’s here, it exists, and it was inevitable. Now it’s up to unions and lawmakers to decide how to make it a positive tool
Disagree about this line of thinking and it being able to be used as a “positive tool” in the industry.
But what’s going on in this thread is just people having fun with visual Mad Libs.
I never said there were bad intentions. Just that people are uninformed.

Good for you. I’m assuming you’re happily retired. Please try to frame your pov to todays young artists, it’s a very different world.

Good night, I’m exhausted.

Pacnw

Please try to separate your feelings about A.I. from the genuine fun fans are having, non-commercially, in a fan forum focused on one narrow slice of the entertainment world. Everyone here respects artists. I imagine most people here, including myself, understand (and share) your feelings about the potential abuse of this new technology in the hands of studio executives.

I have worked as an animator, a set designer and a cartoonist. I share your concerns. I don’t want to see artists’ works ripped off. What you see here are Disney fans playing with a fascinating new tool to see what it can do. In this forum, it’s just for fun and a way to put in some playful digs at Disney in a Mad Magazine sort of way.

A.I. is not going away. It’s here, it exists, and it was inevitable. Now it’s up to unions and lawmakers to decide how to make it a positive tool rather than a destroyer of human creativity.

There are very serious issues to grapple with. But what’s going on in this thread is just people having fun with visual Mad Libs.
Agreed. Thank you

waltography

Disney Parks Blog just posted the most interesting thing...

Fantasmic! Reignites the Night with Dazzling New Magic

The night reignites this summer as the Disneyland classic Fantasmic! returns with dazzling new magic and technological advancements! Come see classic Disney characters like you've never seen them before, as for the first time ever Maleficent takes flight over the Rivers of America in brilliant display!

1696651778746.png

Last edited:

Rich T

…Good for you. I’m assuming you’re happily retired. Please try to frame your pov to todays young artists, it’s a very different world.
The flip side is that there are more opportunities and platforms for young artists to get their work seen and appreciated today than ever before in the history of humanity. I don’t want to go into cane-waving grouchy old man mode, but in my day… oh, man… it was tough. And narrow. And there were few… FEW avenues, each with incredibly strict rules. And, oh, the paper, the postage, the submission envelopes…

Now one talented kid with a phone can make an animated film and present it to the entire world.

And (huffs) just because I’m (mostly) retired doesn’t mean I’m not still trying to make art and get it seen.

And one last bit about my comment that A.I. was inevitable. Tech evolution happens. I really believe that, if civilizations exist in other solar systems, they all (or most) at some point have to deal and wrangle with these same tech developments.

Atomic energy. Computers. Internet. Cloning. Social Media. VR, AI, and… eventually, possibly, self-aware machines.

It’s what we do with what we discover that matters.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom