Show us your best AI created Disney photos!

britain

Philosophical aside: Aren’t these grand pieces of AI concept art equivalent to prngraphy? They’re designed with the intent to stimulate without any intention to accomplish anything, nor do they have any grounding in reality. (Insert joke about D23 announcements here. Now, back to the serious reflection.)

I mean, not only are these really imaginative dreamscapes, but they are done within the milieu of our beloved parks, so I really like looking at these. It’s not just like a creative illustration of a fictional location in a fantasy story. It’s designed to look like concept art, which rings our collective and individual bells. I think they’re exciting… But… there’s something sad here.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Philosophical aside: Aren’t these grand pieces of AI concept art equivalent to prngraphy? They’re designed with the intent to stimulate without any intention to accomplish anything, nor do they have any grounding in reality. (Insert joke about D23 announcements here. Now, back to the serious reflection.)

I mean, not only are these really imaginative dreamscapes, but they are done within the milieu of our beloved parks, so I really like looking at these. It’s not just like a creative illustration of a fictional location in a fantasy story. It’s designed to look like concept art, which rings our collective and individual bells. I think they’re exciting… But… there’s something sad here.
Uh, no.

Rich T

…It’s designed to look like concept art, which rings our collective and individual bells. I think they’re exciting… But… there’s something sad here.
Well, the really sad part is thinking about all the potential loss of employment in various commercial art jobs, and potential reliance on this kind of tech as a time and budget saver in the film and park realms.

I’m having fun with the image creator, but I feel the sadness as well. I’ve input words that resulted in many comical images I really like, but… … there’s also an uneasiness.

it’s hard to describe, but I think it’s the uncanny valley territory of knowing that the images are put together by a processing system that has no consciousness, and no emotional connection to what it’s producing.

I look at some of the images resulting from the words I entered, and I marvel at the results… but thinking about it for even a moment opens up the box of new and uncomfortable questions.

Like, the age-old “But is it art?” I’d have to say no. They can be pleasing as images, but they are not art, though they can be used as tools IN art. I like a lot of what I’ve gotten the program to conjure up, but I didn’t create them. No one created them and (in the case of the Bing app) they’re all technically owned by Microsoft.

It’s all very weird, fun, sad and amazing all at the same time. I’ll leave it for others to ponder and argue about. For now, I’m getting the most fun from it by focusing on the game-like aspect of the process. Inputting descriptions into the app is like being in a story where the hero is trying to get the genie to grant a wish, but the genie keeps interpreting the words literally in ways the hero didn’t intend, often with hilarious and unexpected results.

That’s the fun side of all this. It’s the other side, with its consequences and potential long-term effects on the role of genuine individual creativity that’s concerning. But this is an inevitable development in computer science, so here we go; let’s see what society does with it.

Last edited:

Rich T

IMG_1084.jpeg

TP2000

"Slosh Halk Mountain" 🤣 🤣 🤣

Isn't that fabulous? I somehow just love the non-sensical almost English words and titles that this AI thing comes up with.

Something tells me it will learn fast, and that just a few years from now that type of thing won't happen any more. And a few years after that, the kids will look back and laugh at 2023 and how stupid and weird AI phrasing was.

But for now, I like it. It's rather charming and silly. 🤣

TP2000

I love that you went there with this concept! That said, I am reminded of some Congressman 50 years or so ago whose name escapes me when an anti-prnography bill arrived in DC. He basically said in defense of limiting prnography while still allowing nude classical art, paraphrasing from memory, "I can't exactly describe prnography, but I know it when I see it!"

Much like that Congressman, I can not explicitly describe what prnography is, but I know it when I see it. And when I've been exploring this AI picture technology, I don't get that same vibe as prnography. It seems to be just a new and potentially earth-shattering tool. Like the printing press. Or the telegraph. Or radio. Or the typewriter. Or word processor. Or cheap home Internet.

This AI tech is going to make things rather crazy and weird in the years ahead, and a lot of current white collar jobs will cease to exist within 10 years, but overall it will just be another tool we use to make life better and more efficient. In my opinion, as someone who still remembers how to tab over to insert today's date into business correspondence on an IBM Selectric.

Tab-tab-tab.... March 12th, 1974

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Someone in another thread used the word "Figzilla". I'm assuming in reference to Figment being a giant meet-and-greet costumed character. However, my brain immediately thought of a giant godzilla made of figs. My brain is weird, but AI captured it perfectly.

View attachment 749821 View attachment 749822

That was probably me…
‘Figzillia’ and me go back some years.

Sorry for infecting your brain with strange imagery, but that’s what us imaginary dragons do.

( looks at pictures…)

Why do I suddenly want to go downstairs into the kitchen and get my bag of Fig Newtons…?

😁

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom