Votes: 44 27.0%
  • Great with it, Great without!

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Its the Epcot wand all over again :(

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters

glee

Original Poster
I dont think anyone really loves the hat, but it can't be removed now.

Clearly they do. :)

I think its more the people that have always been used to seeing that when they go to disney. Its been there for a fairly long time now and has become a symbol of the studios for people.

When you think of the studios do you think, Great movie ride or The sorcerers hat?

Im pretty sure the hat will not be moved anywhere else and feel it would be invalid to have put it as an option.:animwink:

glee

Original Poster
Really..:rolleyes:

Im sure you do.

I think alot of people are stubborn with admitting they think of something they dont care about, but there is no denying it IS the main symbol for HS.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think alot of people are stubborn with admitting they think of something they dont care about, but there is no denying it IS the main symbol for HS.
So was the Earful Tower.

The hat could still be the symbol if it were outside the gate. Nothing says a logo needs to be the central weenie.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Really..:rolleyes:

Im sure you do.

What year did you visit the first time?

I heard the same thing about the Epcot Wand..."oh, it's the symbol now" for those who only visited after it was already up there.

KevinFlynn

Blow it up, smash the resulting pieces into smaller pieces, burn those pieces, put the ashes on a rocket and fire it into the sun.

The hat is possibly the worst representation of "the Hollywood that never was, but will always be" I've ever seen, and there's 3 better icons already in the park:

The Hollywood Tower Hotel
Grauman's Chinese Theater
The Earful Tower

jeffk410

hmm its closer than I thought. Seems a good chunk either like the hat or do not really care.
I tend to not really care, I do not think it is as bad as some say, but i also do not think it was well thought out.
I guess I would be a little sad if it left.

jeffk410

So was the Earful Tower.

The hat could still be the symbol if it were outside the gate. Nothing says a logo needs to be the central weenie.

You are correct that it does not have to be the central, but I have read numerous Imagineering books and what not and it seems that they LOVE to have a the Icon be in the center. It is kind of nice though, helps all the guests know where they are. I think we just tend to think about all of us who have 20 plus visits. The Majority of people who visit are not as obsessed as all of us are.

princessmelinda

I don't mind really mind it. However, cinderella's castle, the epcot ball, and tree of life all are symbols of the parks AND have other, better uses. It's kind of lame the hat is just another place to buy things.

Animaniac93-98

How will the studios ever survive without the hat?!

I dunno, the same way it did for its first dozen years of existence?

Time to ditch the dated promotional icon and restore the original design aesthetics.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yeah, just put it someplace new. The pin traders can keep their shop and the Chinese Theatre will be unobstructed once more.

And then add the trolley cars........:)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yeah, just put it someplace new. The pin traders can keep their shop and the Chinese Theatre will be unobstructed once more.

And then add the trolley cars........:)

I wonder if pin trading is becoming less popular...the pin store on Main Street East at MK was changed about 2 months ago...so only a few pin carts and the Frontierland Trading Post have pins

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I wonder if pin trading is becoming less popular...the pin store on Main Street East at MK was changed about 2 months ago...so only a few pin carts and the Frontierland Trading Post have pins

I don't know, not being a huge fan myself. But I would imagine the opportunity to move both the hat and the pin shop has to be an attractive idea at some point......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom