Should MK replace pirates?

Darth Figment

Projectors are a lazy way updating, take out this, put up a white screen, play part of a movie . Just look around your Neighborhood , how many people put up lights compared to the projectors that put light all over the front of the house...

NickMaio

Refurbs and refresh sure - but NEVER replace pirates. Some things are meant to be nostalgic - POTC is classic Disney with a little twist. It is part of everyone's childhood / youth. One of the reasons people LOVE WDW is because is brings them back to places that are part of their past lives. These feelings are a major reason why we as a family return to WDW year after year. There is more than enough real estate to develop new ideas.

thomas998

Not a fan of swapping this attractions... but it does raise a question, what rides has Disney just cloned from one part to another? Are there any?

lunchbox1175

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of update. Maybe an additional drop or a way to make the ride a little more exciting, but ultimately, I wouldn't want change the animatronics or story.

bhg469

After riding Disneylands Pirates I can honestly say that the Queue is the only thing that WDW has over that version. I don't think I would miss it knowing there is a much much better version that is not that hard to get to.

Cmdr_Crimson

Captain Jack....Your thoughts...
ezgif.com-optimize-1.gif

Raineman

Should MK replace Pirates? Sure, but why stop there? Replace IASW, PPF, SM, HM, BTMRR, Tiki Room, CoP and the People Mover while we're at it. Who needs classic attractions when they can be bulldozed and be replaced by technologically advanced rides with no history and enough screens to make the people at Uni jealous? Nostalgia is overrated. :rolleyes:

KBLovedDisney

Should MK replace Pirates? Sure, but why stop there? Replace IASW, PPF, SM, HM, BTMRR, Tiki Room, CoP and the People Mover while we're at it. Who needs classic attractions when they can be bulldozed and be replaced by technologically advanced rides with no history and enough screens to make the people at Uni jealous? Nostalgia is overrated. :rolleyes:
I know. So incorpora....I mean...Overrated! O.V.E.R.
tumblr_static_83mw2fql2sw88okc8cs0c8kww_640_v2.gif

twili_zora

They need to take Discovery Island and re-theme it as an immersive Pirates resort.

That'd be kinda cool actually, however, looking at the size of it, the island would most likely need to be expanded quite a bit. If not, then that'd be a very small resort. Ah man, now you've got me thinking. An island resort in the middle of a large lake themed after PotC, with many of the trees still around the island. A downside though would be transportation...busses can't exactly reach an island, you know, and hopping to a nearby resort and then heading to that bus stop might be too much. Maybe some people might not mind though.

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
Well Pirates at MK is not so great compared to others. If they replaced pirates at DL that'd be a completely different story. Pirates at MK and its history are totally embarrassing. Misinterpreting demand then rushing in a cheap fast tracked halfass clone? Embarrassing!

Walt Disney1955

I like that each park is unique. Disneyland is 15 minutes long, while WDW's version is 8 minutes. It still has its charm. The queue is still incredible and blows the Disneyland version out of the water. Keep them the way they are, it is fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom