Should MK replace pirates?

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
Should Disney replace pirates at MK with pirates at SDL? I think they should. Admittedly, seeing all the other versions of PotC has changed my view of the attraction at MK. Something that shouldn't have happened but alas. Anyways, my question is: should the version of PotC at MK be replaced with the version in Shanghai? I loved the one in SDL and it is right next to Sinbad and 20k at TDS as my favorite dark rides.

zengoth

Stranger things have happened, but i doubt it. Seems like each park has a slightly different version of many iconic attractiins. I would be happy for WDW big thunder to get DLs finale, but not thrilled to get DLs IP laden IASW. I dont think we will see the day theres clones in each park.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I think it's fine. It doesn't have the charm of Disneyland's POTC or the thrill of Shangahi's pirates but it's still a solid attraction. It doesn't need a replacement just a 4-month refurbishment top to bottom.

smile

good question.

considering that MK pirates is clearly the inferior domestic version and is becoming further removed from its original design seemingly by the day, yes... i actually would - especially considering the outstanding job they did on shanghai pirates. still, a very tough call to remove anything made by the old guard :(

however, the MK having its own/original WRE would have been preferred over either.
:cool:

mf1972

i’ll say no to this since each park has their different version of the ride, but aren’t they changing the red head scene on this soon?

Pixieish

i’ll say no to this since each park has their different version of the ride, but aren’t they changing the red head scene on this soon?

I was under that impression, but I've seen otherwise here. Not sure if it was from an insider or not, though.

I don't think it should replace WDW's PotC... but I think it'd be pretty friggin' sweet if they added Shanghai's version somewhere in WDW's Adventureland. They could re-theme it and use the same technology and track layout, exactly like what they did with DL's Indiana Jones ride and WDW's Dinosaur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom