You are not a “purist”...not venturing an opinion on if it’s good or badBeing passionate about theme parks doesn’t require a person to become upset about changes to those parks or the rides. I’ve been visiting Disney regularly my entire adult life and I look forward to changes. I’m incredibly passionate about my Disney vacations, but I could never work up a passion about Disney changing a particular ride. Others can, and there’s nothing wrong with that. People are different.
You are a “purist”...not venturing an opinion on if it’s good or bad
They got rid of/changed a lot of the things that I loved dearly and miss like crazy. But I will always have that initial love for Disney because of what it used to be.
- They changed Journey Into Imagination into a monstrosity of a ride
- They changed the World of Disney store into a run of the mill/chain retail outlet; it lost its charm and magical feeling
- They changed The Great Movie Ride into a Ren (Mickey) & Stimpy (Minnie) projection ride
- They got rid of Horizons, World of Motion
- They got rid of the lights in the ground at Epcot that I always stopped to admire and jump on no matter how old I got
- They painted the iconic Cinderella castle pink, which I do believe Cinderella herself would gawk at in absolute horror
- They changed an iconic scene in Pirates of the Caribbean just to satiate the Karens (& Darrens) of the world
- They are currently changing Epcot into who knows what, probably Ipcot
Sadly though, I will admit. A lot of what has taken place over the years and what is currently happening makes me look at Disney in a whole new light and not in a good way I'm afraid.